Thought I'd do something nice for the holidays

dieselfan1

My wife and I own a fairly large Antique & Collectables store in Buffalo MN.

We are one of four big shops in town and a lot of small shops. It's definitely a destination for a lot of our customers.

Every year I collect toys for Tots for Tots. We usually get enough toys to fill at least a pickup truck. It's the least I can do. It costs me nothing and I'm the hero. Win win.

This year for something else, along with Toys for Tots, I want to fill my lifted Chevy with food for the local food shelf. I've been parking it in the corner of the lot like I own the place[emoji2957] with these signs plastered on it when I'm there.

We are going to do it Nov 28. Small business Saturday.

I'm also accepting checks made out to ,

Buffalo Food Shelf

If any of you want to donate a few bucks , PM me and we will make it happen.

Thanks Guys[emoji106][emoji631][emoji40]fd47b58dbb3fa3c8b51e6be6dafa9d85.jpgd594e6fbbd9aa46abc1f982584b4c253.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

43fd2a405a8ffdcdc443f5c9f99c16b6.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

467 lbs of food delivered to the Food Shelf. I wrote them a check for $250 also.
The gal running the food shelf was pretty happy. I told her we are going to do it again around Easter.
This whole deal made me feel pretty good about our customers and the future of our store. We had our best black friday and small business Saturday ever.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dieselfan1 said:

I should have known better she joined today?

Yeah she has two usernames under the same IP address, which goes back to Pakistan. Plus the signatures did have links to businesses loans.

Here's her alter ego:

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/245394-free-sat-radio-service-for-the-holidays/?do=findComment&comment=2479597

Edited by txab

• 3 months later...

With Easter next week I thought I'd do it again.

Crappy day rained all day.

Still got almost a truck full with an hour to go.

Update

Took 385 lbs of food to the Buffalo Food Shelf this time.

Should have been more but the rain may have hurt. Every bit helps.

Meanwhile since the beginning of the year my store is kicking some serious ass. Since Jan 1st, sales are almost double compared to same time last year. Granted I had to close March 17th last year for almost two months.

I took on more space last fall, (I'm up to almost 10,000 sq. ft.) and it's paying off huge now.

I'm an Antique & Collectables Store by name but I've adapted to also sell cool stuff people want to spend their mad money on. Thanks to the stimulus checks there is more mad money too.

I personally B.S. with almost every one of my customers and I think some of them think I'm a comedian on the side.

My truck is kind of a mascot for the place too. A lot of people in town recognize me everywhere I go in town . I get waved at and honked at daily.

I've had customers bring me lunch from Arby's, Dominoes, McDonald's, and burger baskets from the bar to name a few.

That's cool.

It's a unique business.

Far cry from my 35 year Carpenter job I've pretty much left in the dust. I still do a little work but only for friends now.

da2e2569e3bbc174382909f3f732bf83.jpg

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Did another Food Drive yesterday. 

Nice day around 42°. 

Didn't do as well as last time but still hauled in 410 lbs of food.

The woman running the place said they were swamped this past two weeks and their shelves were half empty so she was pretty happy with what I brought. 

Next food drive is in March.

Screenshot_20211121-061809_Photos.jpg

• Like 1

We have a food pantry at church. We deliver to the food bank every couple months. At Christmas we send out gift shoe boxes overseas. Our little church has about 40 members.  Remembering how blessed we are by giving to others. All year round.

• Thanks 1