Weird Electrical issue help please

I have an odd electrical issue with my truck and if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Here goes...

2009 Sierra 1500 All-terrain:

It started as a weird flicker of the interior dash light and headlights. It was random but would sometimes occur when you turned on a turn signal. It would only flicker once no matter how long the signal was on.  Then sometimes randomly I would get in and it wouldn't start but not in a normal way...nothing would come on when you turned the key except the dome light... turn the key off and back on and it would light up and start. Then once in awhile the turn signal clicking sound would be absent. Tonight I experienced the worse yet. I got in and when I turned the key it was like it took 5 seconds for things to come on. Once everything was on.. dash, etc. I turned the key and it started. I drove 5 miles to a store and the entire time no clicking with the blinkers. Flickering of the headlights and interior lights. Then I got to the store.. shut it off... came back.. wouldn't come on. I turned key and interior dash lights just flickered for a second. The dome light came on but it seemed dim. Oh and I forgot when you unlocked it or locked it with the key fob remote the lights would not flash like normal but it would unlock or lock. I could never get it to power on with multiple turns of the key. I finally disconnected the positive battery cable (it is easier to get too) and left it disconnected for 30 seconds. Hooked it back up and all is normal. I know it won't stay normal I just do not know where to start looking for the issue. Any suggestions are appreciated.  

Could have been that the battery cable was a little loose, and when you disconnected it and reconnected it, you got it tight. 

If it does it again, I'd replace the battery cables.  They are known to corrode inside of the insulation.  You can also check/clean ground locations.  Have battery tested also.  All of these can cause electrical issues like you are seeing. 

Edited by dsr611