Leaf Springs

I have a 2018 Silverado short bed and I installed a Belltech 2-3 inch drop kit but I need to drop the rear about 2 maybe 3 more inches, does anybody have any comments on what if I removed the middle leaf from the rear spring? There would be the main and the short weight bearing leaf left. 

How did the kit lower the rear 3”?  If you install a flip kit, expect about 6-7” drop from original height. Removing the second leaf will allow excessive torque flex. These trucks can twist the rear springs under hard acceleration in original configuration.  Be careful.

I've considered removing the middle leaf on my truck just as a test of reducing spring rate and softening the ride. The only thing that held me back was needing to cut the leaf c-clamp that locates and aligns the leafs. There are a few guys over on pt.net that run Caltracs, no middle leaf, and cut some good 60' times. They say it rides great too and you can still haul a load. And you get drop. 

But you need traction bars. If you don't you'll get horrendous axle wrap.

Edited by lucas287

Don’t take leaves out of the pack. You’ll end up with them twisting under acceleration or braking or worse yet failing and breaking in two. Go to a truck spring shop and have them make/modify you a set to the specs you want. They’re surprisingly affordable. Flip kits are tried and true among the low low community as well. Be careful “shade treeing” springs- bad things happen. Also, if you see a torch, just drive away. Torching springs is idiocy.

edit: Traction bars are one of the best things you can do for your truck. They make a huge difference in traction control. Also, because of the added connection between the frame and the axle, it kind of functions as an anti-sway bar. That helps a noticeable amount in cornering these monsters.  Ladder bars look cool too... if you’re into looking cool. ? 

Edited by Darksky