2021 Chevy 2500 Texas Edition vs All Star Edition????????

Was at a GMC dealership yesterday. Was going to order the 2021GMC 2500 SLE crew 4X4 with cloth and bench seats. It was $49,500 for dealer pricing which I can get.  I couldn't decide so I came home and got on gmfamilyfirst.com, built a 2021 Chevrolet 2500 Crew 4X4, and can get the Texas or All Star editions with leather for $51,000 with bucket seats. I've always liked the GMC's appearance better but for close to the same price, I can get leather and bucket seats. Any input or pics of the Texas or All Star Editions???? THANKS

49 minutes ago, shadow gray 2020 hd said:

Only difference I believe in the Tx and allstar is the badging, they are otherwise equipped the same.  

That is my take as well from my building different combinations. Other than badging, they are the same, and they are just a package which combines the Convenience Package and Safety Package. These two packages are available for the GMC as well only they are called the SLE Convenience Package and the Driver Alert Package 1. The difference is that with the Chevy you can get the LT trim with the Leather Package while GMC makes you jump up to the SLT package to get leather. I am in the same boat as the OP where I am looking for a truck with remote start, and heated leather seats but I would really like to stay under $50K. The SLE/LT trim offer enough creature comfort and features to meet my needs other than that. Like the OP, I prefer the looks of the GMC so I'm either leaning toward the SLE package with aftermarket seat covers (i.e. katzkins) or the LT leather package. 

1 hour ago, Salsa De Piña said:

And you're obligated to wear a cowboy hat while driving the Texas edition.  It's in the purchase agreement.

And you have to become a University of Texas, Dallas Cowboys, Houston Astros, Dallas Stars, and San Antonio Spurs fan.  Oh, and a fan of Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Undertaker.  

• Haha 1

I don't have either of those packages. But I do have an LT with the leather option. It's very nice. If you're ordering either of these special editions, they may not include the Convenience 2 package. I saw a review of an All Star Edition on YouTube and he was lamenting some of the features it was missing because it didn't have the Convenience 2 package.

I have the Convenience 1 and 2 packages. The only options my truck DIDN'T come with that I wish it had (I didn't order it) are the bed camera and front/rear parking assist.

I was able to use the configurator to build crew cab Texas Edition in several colours.  (didn't try them all)

The order guide doesn't list colour restrictions for Texas or All Star editions.

I worked thru (using a PC) configurator steps in default order, selecting a colour before selecting the package. It did not switch it back to white.

Was able to jump back and change to other colours after -- and it didn't 'delete' the package.

On 12/24/2020 at 4:30 PM, Gabe Bunn said:

can you get any color other than WHITE when selecting All Star or Texas Edition packages? Always takes it back to white when I select it. THANKS for ALL replies and help

Yes, you can.  My 2020 is gray, and has the allstar edition package.  

Njmurvin, what all options does the Convenience 2 offer that the Texas or All Star do not? just want to make sure of what all I am getting and not getting on a truck over $50K. Never paid this much for a truck and just want to make completely sure of EVERYTHING before I order. I configured the 2500 LT with both convenience 1 and 2 packages. I added the 20" wheels and leather interior with bucket seats. Came in right at $50,500 because I'm leaning towards the white iridescent tri-coact pearl color.  Otherwise, it would be a little under $50K. THANKS

2021 2500:

PDA         Texas Edition, for Crew Cab and Double Cab models, includes (PCL) Convenience Package, (PQB) Safety Package and Texas Edition badging
1 -  Texas Edition is only available to order by Dealers located in the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. Not available with (PDU) All Star Edition or (ZW9) pickup bed delete.

PCL         Convenience Package, includes (CJ2) dual-zone automatic climate control, (A2X) 10-way power driver seat including power lumbar, (KA1) heated driver and passenger seats, (KI3) heated steering wheel, (N37) manual tilt/telescoping steering column, (C49) rear-window defogger, (AVJ) Keyless Open and Start, (NP5) leather-wrapped steering wheel, (N06) steering column lock, (BTV) Remote Start, (UTJ) content theft alarm, (UF2) bed LED cargo area lighting, (T3U) LED fog lamps and (B1J) rear wheelhouse liners; Crew Cab and Double Cab models include (AZ3) front 40/20/40 split-bench with under-seat storage, (KPA) auxiliary power outlet and (USS) 2 charge-only USB ports for second row
1 -  Not available with (B59) Remote Start Package. When ordered with (ZW9) pickup bed delete, (B1J) wheelhouse liners and (UF2) LED cargo area lighting are deleted. 

PCM         Convenience Package II, includes (KI4) 120-volt power outlet, (KC9) 120-volt bed-mounted power outlet, (IOS) Chevrolet Infotainment System with 8" diagonal color touch-screen with (MCR) USB ports, SiriusXM with 360L, (U2L) HD radio, (UVB) HD Rear Vision Camera, (PZ8) Hitch Guidance with Hitch View and (U1D) Advanced Trailering System; Crew Cab and Double Cab models include (A48) rear sliding power window and (UG1) Universal Home Remote
1 -  Requires (PCL) Convenience Package and (QT6) Power up/down tailgate. Crew Cab models include (R7O) Cloth Rear Seat with Storage Package. Not available with (ZL6) Advanced Trailering Package, (UVO) Bed View Camera, (DRC) Partial video display rearview mirror or (ZW9) pickup bed delete. Crew Cab models not available with (ANQ) Alaskan Snow Plow Special Edition or (BG9) rubberized-vinyl flooring. When ordered with (UVN) Bed View Camera, (UVB) HD Rear Vision Camera will be removed. 

Thanks. So the 2 convenience packages and add 20” tires will give me the look and options iI need I believe. Going to add the bucket seats and leather. Will look almost like an LTZ i believe. Or close enough for my taste. I plan on keeping it 10 years or so, so wanna make sure it’s go all I want and really don’t want. Seems like it’s equipped about just right. Thanks Again 

On 12/31/2020 at 10:19 AM, Gabe Bunn said:

Thanks. So the 2 convenience packages and add 20” tires will give me the look and options iI need I believe. Going to add the bucket seats and leather. Will look almost like an LTZ i believe. Or close enough for my taste. I plan on keeping it 10 years or so, so wanna make sure it’s go all I want and really don’t want. Seems like it’s equipped about just right. Thanks Again 

When you get it configured they way that makes you happy, also price it the next trim level higher.

Eventually you 'wants' list will probably get to a point where it is cheaper to move up to the next trim level. 

Or the same price, but higher trim will add stuff you didn't want, for no extra money.