3.0L engine noise on acceleration

• 3 months later...

I have 1600Km on a brand new AT4 , I find it is way quieter than the Eco-diesel I had for the previous 5 years. The only diff in noise in the cab I notice comes from the Duratrak tires. Had KO2s on the RAM but the Goodyears are way louder on the highway. I cannot hear the engine at all over the sound of the tires .Slight volume adjust gets rid of the tire whine. The only other noise I notice comes from the fuel pump in the tank, it is much louder than the Ram. Loud enough that I may take it to the dealer to see if that is normal. On the whole very impressed with the Duramax , average 10l/100km on mostly highway driving at around 120kmh.

On 12/23/2020 at 2:49 PM, blckblt said:

I have a 20 TB with the 6.2 for a year now.  Test drove an LTZ with the 3.0 just before thanksgiving as I just wanted to test drive the 3.0.

Super impressed.  Not as quick as my 6.2 but still had plenty of power and you can tell that all the torque is available at 1500 RPM.

I thought the noise level was acceptable and comparable, if not quieter, to my truck (I do have duratracs).

while not a long test drive I did average 24.8 MPG over 16.4 miles.  mix of country road (45 mph), state road (55 mph) and some in town driving.  I did go over the speed limit some and did a few hard accelerations.  Truck had 192 miles on it so not broke in.  No tonneau cover either.

Was I impressed?

I ordered a AT4 with the 3.0L 2 days later with the exact options that I want/need.

After 2 different production delays I finally got my AT4 10 days ago.  diesel noise is only noticeable when accelerating.  When cruising the truck is quiet.  I actually think it is quieter than my TB.  430 miles and 22.3 MPG for lifetime which has some city and idle time.  easily get 25-27 on several 30-40 mile trips.

On 12/23/2020 at 2:49 PM, blckblt said:

I have a 20 TB with the 6.2 for a year now.  Test drove an LTZ with the 3.0 just before thanksgiving as I just wanted to test drive the 3.0.

Super impressed.  Not as quick as my 6.2 but still had plenty of power and you can tell that all the torque is available at 1500 RPM.

I thought the noise level was acceptable and comparable, if not quieter, to my truck (I do have duratracs).

while not a long test drive I did average 24.8 MPG over 16.4 miles.  mix of country road (45 mph), state road (55 mph) and some in town driving.  I did go over the speed limit some and did a few hard accelerations.  Truck had 192 miles on it so not broke in.  No tonneau cover either.

Was I impressed?

I ordered a AT4 with the 3.0L 2 days later with the exact options that I want/need.

After 2 different production delays I finally got my AT4 10 days ago.  diesel noise is only noticeable when accelerating.  When cruising the truck is quiet.  I actually think it is quieter than my TB.  430 miles and 22.3 MPG for lifetime which has some city and idle time.  easily get 25-27 on several 30-40 mile trips.

On 1/1/2021 at 4:58 PM, Carbon said:

sound like this?

I have that sound on my '21 AT4. Did you find out what was the cause?