Fog light tint

Who has tinted their fog lights and what did you use?  I have blacked out everything and now the fogs stick out like a sore thumb with all the chrome. Looking for the slight tint of the led headlights. Thanks!

16 hours ago, psk256 said:

Who has tinted their fog lights and what did you use?  I have blacked out everything and now the fogs stick out like a sore thumb with all the chrome. Looking for the slight tint of the led headlights. Thanks!

If you're gonna tint the fog lights them you may as well just pull them out and install the plastic blanks. Tinting fogs renders them totally useless. Like wearing a mask around your neck. What's the point?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

If you're gonna tint the fog lights them you may as well just pull them out and install the plastic blanks. Tinting fogs renders them totally useless. Like wearing a mask around your neck. What's the point?

Besides the look I want, here is the point. Easily removable if I want. I never use the fogs anyway, always have to hit the switch every time I start the vehicle, I could use a diode but I choose to too. Will still pass 90% of light if I do decide to turn them on. Thanks.

• Like 1

I think it looks fine, and it doesn't stick out.  I have a blacked out Denali, mind you with the LED fogs, but I left them completely alone.  I think it looks clean that way and keeps the light output usable still.

That said, if you do want to tint them, go with reputable tint company like Lam-X or equivalent and pick a light tint, any darker and you might as well plasti-dip them like the rest of your front end.  Light smoke will give you the look you want and is easily removable.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 204Denali said:

I think it looks fine, and it doesn't stick out.  I have a blacked out Denali, mind you with the LED fogs, but I left them completely alone.  I think it looks clean that way and keeps the light output usable still.

That said, if you do want to tint them, go with reputable tint company like Lam-X or equivalent and pick a light tint, any darker and you might as well plasti-dip them like the rest of your front end.  Light smoke will give you the look you want and is easily removable.

If you tint them, it's not easily removable. The glue will stay on the lens. When removing tint, you have to scrape the residual glue with a razor blade which will ruin the lens. If you use a solvent to remove the glue, same result. If you wanna tint, that's fine but it's not a put on take off monthly thing and easily removed unless you remove it right after installation before the glue dries.  Tint has nasty strong glue that stays behind when cured even if you use a heat gun.

Edited by mafd2

1 hour ago, mafd2 said:

If you tint them, it's not easily removable. The glue will stay on the lens. When removing tint, you have to scrape the residual glue with a razor blade which will ruin the lens. If you use a solvent to remove the glue, same result. If you wanna tint, that's fine but it's not a put on take off monthly thing and easily removed unless you remove it right after installation before the glue dries.  Tiny has nasty strong glue that stays behind when cured even if you use a heat gun.

I have never had a problem removing tint.  Obviously it takes a little bit of work to clean up the residue, but that doesn't mean its hard work or time consuming.  Any kind of light tint (heads, fogs, tails, brakes) never been a problem.  Use a good quality product it comes off just as easy as it goes on.