On 1/3/2021 at 10:20 PM, kodiakdenali said:

I thought I would try my hand at making some videos of some modifications to my truck, the first one actually is installing a catback exhaust. I went with the Borla ATAK and I really like the sound. I know there is another video up of doing a catback install on a T1, I think gm-trucks.com itself did the video. I showed a couple of things in mine that theirs didn't mention, and also my exhaust replaced the factory tips which the other video didn't cover. So in case it would be helpful to you, check it out! Skip to about 2:50 to see the start of the stock exhaust removal. At the end of the video are a bunch of after clips with sound recorded on high end audio equipment so you can hear what it sounds like.

NICELY done, sir!

• Thanks 1

I got my Corsa system on Friday night. The new system goes on much easier than the old system comes off haha. But with the help of a friend we were able to get the whole project done in under two hours with no lifting and no cutting. Just takes patience and a lot of patience. Also, make sure you're patient. 

Finally got around to installing the new exhaust.

The hardest part was getting the old exhaust tips out.

I used a pair of Knipex and a socket that fit in the rubber to get the hangers off.

I tried pulling it in one piece, but ended up cutting it behind the muffler. I wasn't too worried about preserving it and was getting mad.

Dropping the spare tire and heat shield made it super easy to install the new one.  I just had to jack up the front right to get under my side steps to the flex tube.

Thanks for the advice!

The new exhaust is a Rough Country system. For $500 so worth the price. Sounds great.

20210117_152331.jpg

Edited by psk256

6 hours ago, psk256 said:

Finally got around to installing the new exhaust.

The hardest part was getting the old exhaust tips out.

I used a pair of Knipex and a socket that fit in the rubber to get the hangers off.

I tried pulling it in one piece, but ended up cutting it behind the muffler. I wasn't too worried about preserving it and was getting mad.

Dropping the spare tire and heat shield made it super easy to install the new one.  I just had to jack up the front right to get under my side steps to the flex tube.

Thanks for the advice!

The new exhaust is a Rough Country system. For $500 so worth the price. Sounds great.

20210117_152331.jpg

Exhaust tips look nice. Glad you found a nice cat-back exhaust at a great price. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1