New 2500hd...wrong headlights?

12 hours ago, CT Chevy Connoisseur said:

I just swapped out the bulbs, I know it’s not the point or the same but I like mine.

I did the same thing......much much better

hard to believe a 65k truck doesnt have LED lights, lol

Edited by Dunn

26 minutes ago, Sledguyry said:

What bulbs did you use? I’m interested in doing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used seal light, but there are quite a few out there

We’re you able to aim them correctly w/o blinding oncoming traffic?  LED’s need projectors typically as the light scatters.  If so, what type did you use?  I’d be interested in getting a set for my wife’s car as long oncoming traffic won’t constantly be hitting their high lights at her.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:47 AM, CRApex said:

Are the factory halogen housings reflector beam style?  

Yes the are a reflector halogen (WT/LT).  Same on lower trim 1500 trucks reflector halogen (WT/Custom/CustomTB).  

Edited by newdude

On 1/9/2021 at 6:08 AM, CRApex said:

We’re you able to aim them correctly w/o blinding oncoming traffic?  LED’s need projectors typically as the light scatters.  If so, what type did you use?  I’d be interested in getting a set for my wife’s car as long oncoming traffic won’t constantly be hitting their high lights at her.

mine were made for halogen housings, i used a wall and pretty identical on cut off though obviously much better......i didnt get the crazy high output lumens some advertise......very happy, and havent been flashed once which kinda confirms the wall test i did so fwiw......

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had to have the LED lights but I didn't want to pay the LTZ price to get them. LTZ's also have equipment I wouldn't use, so I didn't want to pay for it.
I was about to buy an LT and get the factory LED's off ebay, about half the price of the dealer.
But then I found a Z71 Sport by accident, didn't even know they made them. It is exactly what I wanted. LED's, leather, center console, wireless Android Auto, and Diesel, absolutely love the truck.
Look on ebay, you can buy the lights and the wire harnesses for around $1100.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk