No start 91 k2500

ilanperetz73

Question

Cranck but No start, 91 tbi gmc k2500.

The ignition coil passed multimeter ohm test. There is a spak when cracking. I replaced ignition wires and distributer. The injectors shoots when cracking. Map sensor and throttle body sensor are fine. No egr (covered it with metal plate). The only problem I recognized is that the oil pressure sensor should be replaced but I bypassed the fuel pump relay. What else could it be?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

1 answer to this question

Did this just happen one morning, or has the truck been sitting for a long time and you have little to no historic information on it?  All internal combustion engines need 3 things to run, fuel, spark, and compression.  

Check compression on engine.

Check timing by putting engine at TDC on number 1 cylinder and check the timing marks on crankshaft.  While you are turning the engine by hand, watch the ignition rotor and turn in one direction until the rotor moves, then rotate engine the other way until the rotor turns.  How far did you turn the crank between those two points.  This test is best done at TDC #1 cylinder so you can mark the timing marks at the point where the rotor stats to move.

You say you put a new distributor in, did you mean a complete distributor, or just the cap and rotor?  Take the rotor off and look at the underside of the rotor, if you see any black marks replace it.