I’m going to install mine in the next few days when I get a chance and was wondering how much of a difference in sound it makes. I know it’s subjective but it sounds like I could keep it covered and still enjoy. Any tips? How did install go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

I’m going to install mine in the next few days when I get a chance and was wondering how much of a difference in sound it makes. I know it’s subjective but it sounds like I could keep it covered and still enjoy. Any tips? How did install go?

Install went good. Took me a couple hours but I'm not generally very handy with my own vehicles. There's a QR code in the box you can scan with your phone that will bring up step-by-step installation instructions. They're really detailed and very good. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 11:26 PM, Thejet07 said:

Watch the S&B video they put out on YouTube and then when installing use the QR code directions. I did it just under 1.5 hrs taking my time and being thorough. Easy install, 2/10 difficulty. Love the sound!

• Like 1

It’s killing me ive been working a lot and have no time to do it. I watched the video a few times and it looks fairly easy. I bookmarked the install instructions on my phone as well. Thank you for the tips. My next day off I’m definitely doing the install. Everyone keeps raving about it and I want to as well [emoji12]

Just installed mine today. Had to have a buddy ship it to me to get it in California, hoping they get CARB Approval in the next 5 years ?.

Hardest part for me was getting the intake throttle body box thing off. They showed just rotating it up and popping it off but it didnt wanna do that for me. Spent a good 20 minutes trying not to break anything before I must have found the right angle and gave it a love tab to get it to pop off.

Also took a bit to get the coupler on to the throttle body. Thought for a second I might have got the wrong one, had to play with it and twist it around for a good 10ish minutes before I finally got it to pop on.

I had the S&B install video queued up on my computer and just paused and unpaused at each step. Prob took me about an hour and some change just going slow and taking my time.

Let me tell you what, worth it 100%. Combined with the Borla ATAK I threw on, you can totally hear that 6.2L roar now!

I noticed the pedal vibration as well as others have mentioned, but as also mentioned, it was just from the extra noise vibration of the better intake, doesn't bug me in the least.

Smiles for Miles.

2 hours ago, NorCal2020 said:

Just installed mine today. Had to have a buddy ship it to me to get it in California, hoping they get CARB Approval in the next 5 years ?.

Hardest part for me was getting the intake throttle body box thing off. They showed just rotating it up and popping it off but it didnt wanna do that for me. Spent a good 20 minutes trying not to break anything before I must have found the right angle and gave it a love tab to get it to pop off.

Also took a bit to get the coupler on to the throttle body. Thought for a second I might have got the wrong one, had to play with it and twist it around for a good 10ish minutes before I finally got it to pop on.

I had the S&B install video queued up on my computer and just paused and unpaused at each step. Prob took me about an hour and some change just going slow and taking my time.

Let me tell you what, worth it 100%. Combined with the Borla ATAK I threw on, you can totally hear that 6.2L roar now!

I noticed the pedal vibration as well as others have mentioned, but as also mentioned, it was just from the extra noise vibration of the better intake, doesn't bug me in the least.

Smiles for Miles.

Glad you like it!  
I had issue with stock intake; taking it off that bracket. I ended up just twisting a bit and it popped off. I also had trouble with the rubber throttle body coupler going on over the throttle body. I also spent 10 good minutes trying to fit it over.  I thought at first they sent me a 5.3L coupler.  
On my 2018 they sent both couplers with the intake (5.3L and 6.2L). It eventually went on and I agree with everyone else.  The fit/finish, style, and sound are amazing. Add that to a catback exhaust and it just makes the truck perform, drive, and sound better.  
Congrats on the install and glad you were able to get one to you in California. 

26 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Glad you like it!  
I had issue with stock intake; taking it off that bracket. I ended up just twisting a bit and it popped off. I also had trouble with the rubber throttle body coupler going on over the throttle body. I also spent 10 good minutes trying to fit it over.  I thought at first they sent me a 5.3L coupler.  
On my 2018 they sent both couplers with the intake (5.3L and 6.2L). It eventually went on and I agree with everyone else.  The fit/finish, style, and sound are amazing. Add that to a catback exhaust and it just makes the truck perform, drive, and sound better.  
Congrats on the install and glad you were able to get one to you in California. 

Thanks!

Hahah Yeah I was thinking the same thing initially- "Did they send me a 5.3L coupler? is there a size difference?".

I totally agree, I was super impressed with how it looked. Everything went together easily enough, but also seems sealed well and put together excellently.

Yeah I tried ordering several different intakes through multiple companies and every single one refunded and said they can't ship to CA (all the ones that didn't have that listed at the sale). I actually ordered the GM performance intake, and after about 3 weeks the sales manager emailed me and said something about them recalling all the intakes over a sticker mistake or something. I ended up just hitting up a buddy in Nevada and had S&B ship to him and just paid him for the shipping to myself. Pretty sure almost everything S&B has is CARB legal so they'll probably have this intake certified in the next few years, just gotta try to get a CARB sticker from them then :D

2 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

Did you remove the bolt holding the bracket on the alternator? It’s mentioned in the video but not showed. I believe she said it was giving her trouble so she went that route to make it easier to remove the stock intake.

So I started to but then saw that there was wire loom attached to it and I'm notorious for snapping those things, so I figured they made it look super easy to pop that box off, I must just be pulling at the wrong angle. And I was...hahah

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

Just to be clear the 5.3 and 6.2 have the same size couplers right?

I don’t know if they are the same size. My 6.2L coupler was just very tight and I had a hard time getting it over the throttle body. But it went over and fits nice and snug. 
When I bought the S&B cold air intake for my 2018 Sierra 6.2L. S&B had both couplers in the box for the intake   The directions just stated for consumer to use the right one for whichever engine you had. This new intake for T1s only had a single coupler in the package, so idk for sure if the 5.3L would be smaller. My guess is yes, but as tight as the 6.2L was, I would think it could slip over the 5.3L throttle body. 

On 1/11/2021 at 7:14 PM, BluegrassMotorsport said:

You guys.

I ordered my S&B intake on Friday.

It shipped tonight. I have a tracking number. This is not a drill. 

If you've been thinking about buying, now might be the time! 

Mine came in sooner that the 4 weeks they told me it would take , I installed it this past weekend and am very pleased with it ... pairs well with my borla muffler swap ...truck pulls harder on take offspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

7B645CC2-2B72-4502-8F56-AD5571B6C8A1.jpeg

Edited by Jp sierra
  • Like 1

Finally got out of work this morning so I installed the intake. Took me a little less than an hour shockingly(thought it would take me longer). I kept the battery disconnected for about 2 1/2 hours so hopefully no issues there. Only took a quick test drive but immediately felt the throttle response is a bit better. I feel the vibration that everyone talks about but it’s nothing that would bother me. Haven’t really opened it up yet but I do feel borla muffler paired with intake is louder now. Can’t wait to get it out on the highway.