I finally decided to pick up an S&B intake. Never tried their brand and they've gotten great reviews across this Forum. A couple of notes for people who are thinking about buying:

- I got on their site this morning and saw they were in stock. Great news! Except, they aren't. I called to double-check and their system automatically updates the website when they arrive but they have to manually apply them to existing orders. So don't pay any mind to what the site says about their stock levels. 

- They also said the lead time is shorter than it has been. He said they're running about 2-3 weeks behind right now. Not too bad and better than 1-2 months like before. 

I waited the 2 months....

Headed out to my parents' garage (large enough to stuff the truck in.. mine isn't)

Got 1/2 mile out and the engine blew a spring and took the whole motor out

Plan on trying again this weekend

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I had to wait over 2 months back in June but it finally came late August and I love it. Worth the money to me. It’s a great price, flows lots of air, and sounds good too. 

I'm hooking up my Viofo dash* cam today so will be doing a before/after on sound (stock exhaust).  I've heard some say it sounds great and others say there was no difference.  I know in the past, CAIs have added a ton of intake noise so hoping that's the case.

Side note:  Saw you put a "confused" emoji.  Thread on that

Edited by Rob Mugs

22 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

I'm hooking up my Viofo dash* cam today so will be doing a before/after on sound (stock exhaust).  I've heard some say it sounds great and others say there was no difference.  I know in the past, CAIs have added a ton of intake noise so hoping that's the case.

Gotcha Sir!  I read over your thread. Glad GM took care of you. Enjoy your new 6.2L and CAI intake. 

On 1/8/2021 at 9:52 AM, Rob Mugs said:

Um...if you install this intake with the intake cover off. It is loud. There is no question about that!

The filter cone is as big as a small trash can and sounds great at full throttle when it's sucking in air. I've had mine for about 10k and It's easily my favorite mod...makes driving so much fun. I have it paired to a AFE Apollo GT muffler and am very happy with the overall sound and throttle response.

It's worth the wait!

8 hours ago, Trza said:

Um...if you install this intake with the intake cover off. It is loud. There is no question about that!

The filter cone is as big as a small trash can and sounds great at full throttle when it's sucking in air. I've had mine for about 10k and It's easily my favorite mod...makes driving so much fun. I have it paired to a AFE Apollo GT muffler and am very happy with the overall sound and throttle response.

It's worth the wait!

Put mine on and wowzas.. yeah, it's night and day.  Only time I am a bit annoyed is at light throttle it will sometimes "hunt" between that quiet intake and "let's rock"

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 9:07 AM, PuffDr4gon said:

I ordered one yesterday and it shipped out that night. Their website shows the dry filter kit still in stock if you want to order one. May get lucky.

Anyone put the 2019-2020 gas intake kit on a 2021? Any compatibility issues?

There are no changes between 2020 and 2021 as far as I know.  Should be all set to go

On 1/12/2021 at 12:18 AM, Trza said:

It's worth the wait!

Would you mind taking a quick video inside on say, a highway where you're maintaining speed?  Maybe a quick "drive by"  I ❤️ all the guys taking video with the camera 3" from the exhaust pipe but it's not really something anyone will ever experience in real-life

Well... it's installed. Man, what a NOISE! I had my foot in the gas all the way home, grinning ear to ear. The intake combined with my Corsa catback makes for a fun truck. Nothing this large should be this fun. If you're on the fence about getting one, don't be. 

Also, I committed the greatest internet sin and forgot to take a picture. I'll be sure to get one soon.