PureZ71's 2021 Silverado LT Trail Boss Build

PureZ71

Hello,

I just picked up my new 2021 Silverado LT Trail Boss today. I did have to wait for the one I wanted but was definitely worth it. Got the Crew Cab, Standard Box, 6.2L, Leather package and many more. I'll hopefully start writing more in this build thread. I previously had a 2013 BMW M5 (picture below). For those on Instagram, please be sure to follow on @PureZ71 (https://www.instagram.com/purez71/?hl=en)

Thanks!

Current mods

- Rydonair Flexible Rubber Antenna Replacement

- Front Windows tinted to match the rears

- Plastic Dip the chrome around the front bow-tie

- Center Console Organizer Tray & Center Console Divider

- LasFit LED Turn Signals, Reverse Lights & License Plate Lights

- Z71 Emblems Replacement (Black & Red)

- Silverado 6.2L Matte Black Emblem

- Gator EFX Hard Fold Tonneau Cover

- SB3 Ceramic Coating and PPF by Superior Auto Shine

- ReadyLift 2" SST Lift Kit

- Front & Rear Mud Flap Delete Kit

- Black Z71 Grill Emblem

- Supreme Suspensions 2-Inch Hub and Wheel Centric Wheel Spacers; Black

- Toyo Open County R/T (35X12.5XR18)

- Swing Case (Drivers Side)

- BulletProof Hitch (Heavy Duty 6" Drop)

- Blacked out Muffler Tips

GHQxDvN.jpg

fvZQVYu.jpg

H8ZJSaa.jpg

My previous build:

mzbKkTn.jpg

Edited by PureZ71
  • Like 1

First thing was the antenna. Got one from Amazon and replaced it this morning. So far haven’t noticed any change in radio signal

Rydonair Antenna https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RXRNTW8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_YDEaGbGACR1CB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

795f12254db6c06725f6a7d4e4a3567d.jpg
700d571085b6d48790042d69f6a86d1c.jpg

YBMIKYr.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PureZ71

1 hour ago, dieselfan1 said:

What's your plans ?
I'm not on the gram but I should be.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Not really sure yet. Still learning a lot about Chevy and the truck world... I plan on keeping this truck for a while.

That being said, I had to get the front windows tinted. Got them to match the rear windows.

d1Fs8O9.jpg

sZwzFwv.jpg

• Like 3

Got a few things done today, first was able to plastic dip the chrome off of the front bowtie. The process was pretty easy. Cleaned down the area with rubbing alcohol, masked off the area around it, sprayed the first coat kind of thick, waiting 15 mins for the next three coats, waited about two hours before removing the extra. I also ordered new 6.2L and Z71 badges that should arrive sometime this week.

XYQMcBU.jpg

LnQwgZo.jpg

iqYHqQi.jpg

Also got some organizing tools for the center console

- Center Console Organizer Tray & Center Console Divider

H76bVD7.jpg

t0XCcg6.jpg

Thanks!

Your bowtie look's good. Did you paint the whole bowtie , or this the chrome ?? Thanks

Thank you! Just the chrome, I left the center part just how it was. 48bf4c9148f2835107306796320c9ede.jpg

LasFit.com LED lights came today. I was surprised that almost everything in the truck is using LED expect the turn signals, reverse lights and license plate lights. Here is the link for those that also want to upgrade. Made a really big difference. https://www.lasfit.com/collections/led-whole-package-for-chevrolet-silverado/products/2019-2020-chevrolet-silverado-custom-fit-led-headlight-low-beam-h11-w-dust-cover?afmc=1tz&utm_campaign=1tz&utm_source=leaddyno&utm_medium=affiliate&variant=32507806187604

Overall the install took about an hour. The hardest part for me was the license plate lights since my hands really didn't fit so I had to use some needle nose pliers. Plus it was like 40 degrees out tonight but I really wanted to get these installed.

NOTE: Since these are LED make sure you test them before you put them in. If there is not light coming form the bulb; remove the bulb and rotate it 180.

U7wOsGO.jpg

Before (stock)

ETESxLM.jpg.

eO3Ud99.jpg.

License Plate Lights comparison

E9DsAst.jpg

Reverse Lights

rKyMcJF.jpg

Left Side LasFit LED reverse Light VS Right side OEM

s7QYmwx.jpg

Both Reverse light and License Plate lights on

1oXOUSj.jpg

yPCgwNG.jpg

Turn Signals lights comparsion

TJbudt4.jpg

Turn Signal Comparison

4pR1h1T.jpg

Both Turn signals converted to LED

X2m3WV6.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PureZ71 said:

LasFit.com LED lights came today. I was surprised that almost everything in the truck is using LED expect the turn signals, reverse lights and license plate lights. Here is the link for those that also want to upgrade. Made a really big difference. https://www.lasfit.com/collections/led-whole-package-for-chevrolet-silverado/products/2019-2020-chevrolet-silverado-custom-fit-led-headlight-low-beam-h11-w-dust-cover?afmc=1tz&utm_campaign=1tz&utm_source=leaddyno&utm_medium=affiliate&variant=32507806187604

Overall the install took about an hour. The hardest part for me was the license plate lights since my hands really didn't fit so I had to use some needle nose pliers. Plus it was like 40 degrees out tonight but I really wanted to get these installed.

NOTE: Since these are LED make sure you test them before you put them in. If there is not light coming form the bulb; remove the bulb and rotate it 180.

U7wOsGO.jpg

Before (stock)

ETESxLM.jpg.

eO3Ud99.jpg.

License Plate Lights comparison

E9DsAst.jpg

Reverse Lights

rKyMcJF.jpg

Left Side LasFit LED reverse Light VS Right side OEM

s7QYmwx.jpg

Both Reverse light and License Plate lights on

1oXOUSj.jpg

yPCgwNG.jpg

Turn Signals lights comparsion

TJbudt4.jpg

Turn Signal Comparison

4pR1h1T.jpg

Both Turn signals converted to LED

X2m3WV6.jpg

look's good . are they worth the money ?? wood you do it again ??  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, slj2008 said:

look's good . are they worth the money ?? wood you do it again ??  

Definitely yes. I believe it was like $100 for all three sets. Havn't really noticed the turn signals yet but the reverses for sure, makes a big difference at night (and within the camera too)

46 minutes ago, PureZ71 said:

Definitely yes. I believe it was like $100 for all three sets. Havn't really noticed the turn signals yet but the reverses for sure, makes a big difference at night (and within the camera too)

Thank You - right now i using Sylvania (zero) Led for back up / license plate / cargo - there ok . But always looking for something better ( more light.. also have tail light strip - tail/turn/back up ).

30 minutes ago, slj2008 said:

Thank You - right now i using Sylvania (zero) Led for back up / license plate / cargo - there ok . But always looking for something better ( more light.. also have tail light strip - tail/turn/back up ).

If you on the fence between to the two brands. I would recommend trying to the reverse lights first and see how they come to the Sylvanias ones. If you like it, then go for the rest.

How was the turn signal bulb install? Easy to get to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The easiest one out of the three. Just open the hood and find the right spot. Twist and pull it out. Hope these picture help. Just remember that if you put the new bulb in and it doesn’t work, take out the bulb and flip it 180 and then try it again.

f5ffbad60a0c48050aef678060fd478d.jpg

c2c31dd82b1399800b0a304bbfb5b465.jpg

• Like 2

Got another modification done. Replaced the chrome Z71 badges with black ones with the red insert. Got these on amazon (link below). The install took maybe an hour. The hardest part really was getting the old tape off the car. I did use tape to mark the location of the badge before removing it (highly recommend).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P35XBNX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

• Like 2