PureZ71's 2021 Silverado LT Trail Boss Build

PureZ71

For those wondering what I needed to trim and remove, here is it

I first removed the bracket that holds the mud flap. This rubs a lot, especially in reverse. It’s held by 4 screws, removed using 12 or 13 mm socket
0d019a16bc65b9e82c8daf5c31fbef8c.jpg
5ba435f6d7361558339de2ebf6039164.jpg

Then I had to trim the actual liner. This was a back and forth process as I would turn the wheel, mark where it’s hitting, turn the wheel the other way to go in and cut and liner, then turn the wheel back to check fitment. Then drove it around the block slowly at full lock to find any other pieces that were hitting until I finally had no rubbing
39bb220331a28e0316775cc483cdb1b4.jpg

Hope this helps, if you have any questions please let me know and I’ll try to help answer them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those wondering what I needed to trim and remove, here is it

I first removed the bracket that holds the mud flap. This rubs a lot, especially in reverse. It’s held by 4 screws, removed using 12 or 13 mm socket
0d019a16bc65b9e82c8daf5c31fbef8c.jpg
5ba435f6d7361558339de2ebf6039164.jpg

Then I had to trim the actual liner. This was a back and forth process as I would turn the wheel, mark where it’s hitting, turn the wheel the other way to go in and cut and liner, then turn the wheel back to check fitment. Then drove it around the block slowly at full lock to find any other pieces that were hitting until I finally had no rubbing
39bb220331a28e0316775cc483cdb1b4.jpg

Hope this helps, if you have any questions please let me know and I’ll try to help answer them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are going to regret chopping it up like that. Why
not lift it enough to clear the tires?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

You are going to regret chopping it up like that. Why
not lift it enough to clear the tires?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Nah, don't mind. That would require like a 6' lift which then the truck would no longer be able to fit in my garage or most drive through. A small price to pay. It was a little weird to cut into a brand new truck but worth it.

Like any truck owner, you need a hitch for that time you have to tow. I went with one fro BulletProof Hitches. I got the Heavy Duty 6" drop. Just need a trailer and something to tow now. Also got the lock for the hitch pin as well.

https://www.bulletproofhitches.com/collections/2-hitches/products/2-0-heavy-duty-6-drop-rise

KAeQt0K.jpg

RuPKtEL.jpg

Finally got around to doing this, officially no more chrome left on the truck. Went ahead and removed the muffler tips and sprayed them with high-temp paint for a matte black look. Getting them off and on was such a pain because of how tight of an area there is to get the 3 bolts out from each side. Used a 10mm socket wrench for it. Especially hard if you have bigger hands like I do. As for the paint it self, I wiped them clean, used some 80 sand paper to prep for paint. Sprayed a light first coat followed up 3 heavy coats. I waited about 10-15 mins before each coat. Then a few hours to let the tips dry. Installing them was worst than removing it because of trying to get the first couple of threads on by hand was a pain. Eventually got it and am very happy with the results. I'll take some proper photos sometime next week.

Wo3xfSw.jpg

YslyCXz.jpg

Pn4Shjz.jpg

L3fQedw.jpg

F0Mljkr.jpg

WBEneuN.jpg