PureZ71's 2021 Silverado LT Trail Boss Build

PureZ71

Officially got all the chrome off of the truck. Even though technically this was supposed to be replaced by the dealer with the Dark Essentials Package, I went ahead and did it myself. Got it from ebay (link below), came within a few days from NJ. Install was pretty easy, most of the time was taken removing the old tape. It did come with this template which I used to mask off so that I can get the alignment correct.

- Silverado 6.2L Matte Black Emblem 

jx3nomG.jpg

CZdDDUq.jpg

9V67I5Y.jpg

3vOUJyy.jpg

On 1/17/2021 at 10:43 PM, PureZ71 said:

Got a few things done today, first was able to plastic dip the chrome off of the front bowtie. The process was pretty easy. Cleaned down the area with rubbing alcohol, masked off the area around it, sprayed the first coat kind of thick, waiting 15 mins for the next three coats, waited about two hours before removing the extra. I also ordered new 6.2L and Z71 badges that should arrive sometime this week.

XYQMcBU.jpg

LnQwgZo.jpg

iqYHqQi.jpg

Also got some organizing tools for the center console

- Center Console Organizer Tray & Center Console Divider

H76bVD7.jpg

t0XCcg6.jpg

Thanks!

What color Plastidip did you use for the bowtie?

I just bought the same truck less than two weeks ago. So far I blacked out the badges, replaced the antenna with a Ronin Bullet antenna, did a muffler delete and center console tray (same one). 

I have an appointment for window tint in two weeks. Getting 5% all around. 

The muffler delete makes the truck sound mean. I left the resonators. Only thing I do t like is when DFM kicks in. 

9FCF86DC-4D7F-4043-B8C3-1D88B6B8CB2E.jpeg

325CDE1F-70B0-4F35-8CC9-1434AD25FEFF.jpeg

• Like 2

On 1/14/2021 at 10:01 PM, PureZ71 said:

Hello,

I just picked up my new 2021 Silverado LT Trail Boss today. I did have to wait for the one I wanted but was definitely worth it. Got the Crew Cab, Standard Box, 6.2L, Leather package and many more. I'll hopefully start writing more in this build thread. I previously had a 2013 BMW M5 (picture below). For those on Instagram, please be sure to follow on @PureZ71 (https://www.instagram.com/purez71/?hl=en)

Thanks!

Current mods

- Rydonair Flexible Rubber Antenna Replacement

- Front Windows tinted to match the rears

- Plastic Dip the chrome around the front bow-tie

- Center Console Organizer Tray & Center Console Divider

- LasFit LED Turn Signals, Reverse Lights & License Plate Lights

- Z71 Emblems Replacement (Black & Red)

- Silverado 6.2L Matte Black Emblem

GHQxDvN.jpg

fvZQVYu.jpg

H8ZJSaa.jpg

My previous build:

mzbKkTn.jpg

Good looking truck!

What part of Seattle are you in? Have you had any static from the local police for not having a front license plate?

2 hours ago, Scott Killman said:

What color Plastidip did you use for the bowtie?

Just the plain black one from Home Depot

71TUpiP7chL._AC_SS350_.jpg

2 hours ago, Scott Killman said:

I just bought the same truck less than two weeks ago. So far I blacked out the badges, replaced the antenna with a Ronin Bullet antenna, did a muffler delete and center console tray (same one). 

I have an appointment for window tint in two weeks. Getting 5% all around. 

The muffler delete makes the truck sound mean. I left the resonators. Only thing I do t like is when DFM kicks in. 

9FCF86DC-4D7F-4043-B8C3-1D88B6B8CB2E.jpeg

325CDE1F-70B0-4F35-8CC9-1434AD25FEFF.jpeg

Looks awesome man! I thought about that antenna as well but went with the non-ammo one instead. I'm planning on keeping the exhaust stock as, for now...

1 hour ago, JimCost2014 said:

Good looking truck!

What part of Seattle are you in? Have you had any static from the local police for not having a front license plate?

Thank you! I'm around Renton area. No not at all, I didn't run a front plate on the M5 either and never had an issue with it.

Being the PNW means we get plenty of rain so I just figured it would be best to prepare for that with a tonneau cover for the truck. I ended up going with a Gator Hard Fold for my 6'6" bed. The install was very easy. Mount two rails on each side of the truck bed and then put the cover down. Secure the cover into the rails with 4 hand tighten screws.

Link: https://gatorcovers.com/p/gator-efx-hard-fold-tonneau-cover/v/chevy/silverado-1500/2021/

SDl2GcH.jpg

AeoEss0.jpg

Zghnis4.jpg

8 hours ago, PureZ71 said:

Just the plain black one from Home Depot

71TUpiP7chL._AC_SS350_.jpg

Looks awesome man! I thought about that antenna as well but went with the non-ammo one instead. I'm planning on keeping the exhaust stock as, for now...

Thank you! I'm around Renton area. No not at all, I didn't run a front plate on the M5 either and never had an issue with it.

In that first picture it looked almost as if you color matched the bow tie.  I could see in another post that it was black. I like plastidip. It has worked well for me in the past. 

8 hours ago, PureZ71 said:

Being the PNW means we get plenty of rain so I just figured it would be best to prepare for that with a tonneau cover for the truck. I ended up going with a Gator Hard Fold for my 6'6" bed. The install was very easy. Mount two rails on each side of the truck bed and then put the cover down. Secure the cover into the rails with 4 hand tighten screws.

Link: https://gatorcovers.com/p/gator-efx-hard-fold-tonneau-cover/v/chevy/silverado-1500/2021/

SDl2GcH.jpg

AeoEss0.jpg

Zghnis4.jpg

That’s a nice bed cover. I was thinking about the Truxedo Low Pro again. I like the idea of the hard top but I’m wondering how it is if you need to use the whole bed?  If I’m moving furniture or something large to where the cover has to be opened all the way does it just lean against the back glass or is there straps to hold it up?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scott Killman said:

In that first picture it looked almost as if you color matched the bow tie.  I could see in another post that it was black. I like plastidip. It has worked well for me in the past. 

That’s a nice bed cover. I was thinking about the Truxedo Low Pro again. I like the idea of the hard top but I’m wondering how it is if you need to use the whole bed?  If I’m moving furniture or something large to where the cover has to be opened all the way does it just lean against the back glass or is there straps to hold it up?  

I preferred the hard top over the soft top. So for this particular one it folds up into the first 1/3 section and there is two straps you secure so it doesn't open back up. I didn't get the one that went up the glass because of visibility. But if you did need the whole bed, there is 4 screw clamps that you can unscrew and then just put the cover in the bed or in the garage before heading out. The side rails are the only things that need to stay on.

I'll grab some pictures of it later today.

2 hours ago, PureZ71 said:

I preferred the hard top over the soft top. So for this particular one it folds up into the first 1/3 section and there is two straps you secure so it doesn't open back up. I didn't get the one that went up the glass because of visibility. But if you did need the whole bed, there is 4 screw clamps that you can unscrew and then just put the cover in the bed or in the garage before heading out. The side rails are the only things that need to stay on.

I'll grab some pictures of it later today.

That makes sense that it would be easy to remove. I might just have to go with the hard top then. 

That makes sense that it would be easy to remove. I might just have to go with the hard top then. 

Yeah here a two pictures. First showing the clamp that holds that cover when opened up. Second shows 2 out the 4 screws that on the cover down on the rails

4005dd43e8843d8c73f60293e27b0226.jpg

caa2f93229e9d27c627d1cc4b51f5863.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, PureZ71 said:

Yeah here a two pictures. First showing the clamp that holds that cover when opened up. Second shows 2 out the 4 screws that on the cover down on the rails

4005dd43e8843d8c73f60293e27b0226.jpg

caa2f93229e9d27c627d1cc4b51f5863.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s nice. I’ll definitely be getting a hard top then. 

Did your truck come with chrome or black exhaust bezels?  Mine came with chrome. 

1 hour ago, Scott Killman said:

Did your truck come with chrome or black exhaust bezels?  Mine came with chrome. 

Also if you go with Gator, I was able to use the chat function and asked for an coupons and they gave me like $60 off for it. Might be worth trying before buying it (I talked to rep named John).

It came with chrome but I do plan on blacking them out sometime soon.

1 hour ago, Scott Killman said:

What the wire for ( front of box)  ?

14 minutes ago, slj2008 said:

What the wire for ( front of box)  ?

The wire/pipe is the water drain pipe that connects to the holes already in the trunk bed. The rails on the side of the truck funnel water either to the front or back; the front goes down the pipe & the back just comes out by the taillights.

3 hours ago, PureZ71 said:

The wire/pipe is the water drain pipe that connects to the holes already in the trunk bed. The rails on the side of the truck funnel water either to the front or back; the front goes down the pipe & the back just comes out by the taillights.

Thanks - First time i say that.