6.2 Trail Boss Owners

1 hour ago, Spyderwebb said:

Mine is called a "Midnight Edition" and the "6.2" on the hood is black!

IMG_1698.jpg

Damn.... thats a sexy truck!  I see your bowtie on the grill is all black....I want one of those too!   I almost bought black to match my C6 vette but I decided on white to contrast all the black on the trail boss. So is the midnight edition the only way to get the black 6.2 hood badges? 

Edited by 21trailboss
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't matter if it's a Trail Boss or not, the dark essentials pkg should have all but the Z71 on the fender black, including the 6.2 or the duramax emblem on the hood.  So you should have black 6.2 emblems on the hood.   Those trucks with the dark essentials package arrive at the dealer with chrome emblems. The dealer then removes the chrome emblems and installs the black ones and installs the black "CHEVROLET" sticker on the tailgate.  I've heard of dealerships not doing the greatest/straightest job on the new emblems and not doing all them emblems.  

Mine were chrome when I went to pick up the truck but I told the sales person that they need to be black. He said he'll follow up with his manager and let me know. I'll probably just grab it on my first oil change time.

PgkenUN.png

25 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Doesn't matter if it's a Trail Boss or not, the dark essentials pkg should have all but the Z71 on the fender black, including the 6.2 or the duramax emblem on the hood.  So you should have black 6.2 emblems on the hood.   Those trucks with the dark essentials package arrive at the dealer with chrome emblems. The dealer then removes the chrome emblems and installs the black ones and installs the black "CHEVROLET" sticker on the tailgate.  I've heard of dealerships not doing the greatest/straightest job on the new emblems and not doing all them emblems.  

This is exactly what's happening to me and why I asked.  I put a deposit down on my truck the day I test drove it. The dark essentials package was not installed yet nor my off road step bars. Sales rep said she would have it all done when I returned the following weekend to pick it up. When I arrived to pick my truck up the only part that was done was the tailgate....black Chevrolet lettering and the black emblems Silverado and LT. No steps and the 6.2 hood badges were still chrome. She immediately started apologizing and said they did not come in yet, Chevrolet was behind because of covid. She would sign a paper saying they owed me these items and as soon as they came in they would install them. She text me Friday and said my bars were in I asked about the 6.2 emblems and she said they weren't in yet. I said I will wait until those come in and do it all at the same time. Then yesterday she texts me saying she made a mistake and I wasn't getting the black 6.2 hood badges, Unless I have the midnight package the 6.2 stays chrome.... I called her out on it and said BS. I have in writing you owe me black 6.2 hood badges. After some back and forth she finally agreed to get hem for me.  Just pisses me off.....buy a $62k truck and then they try and back pedal on a couple of hood emblems? 

The same thing happened to me, kinda.  All dealer installed options arrive separate from the truck.  The dark essentials package that arrived for my truck had black duramax emblems instead of 6.2 emblems.  They ordered the 6.2 emblems and arrived the next day.  

Imo, GM could've simplified all of this by making the midnight edition available on all colors of trucks. If you're going dark, then the exhaust cutouts should be black, too. It's that way on midnight edition trucks. Might as well add black lug nuts and the black Z71 badge from the 2021 2500HD Carhartt Edition trucks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Transient said:

Imo, GM could've simplified all of this by making the midnight edition available on all colors of trucks. If you're going dark, then the exhaust cutouts should be black, too. It's that way on midnight edition trucks. Might as well add black lug nuts and the black Z71 badge from the 2021 2500HD Carhartt Edition trucks.

That’s  to funny.......I changed out my lug nuts last week for black ones. I sprayed my exhaust tips with plasti dip over the weekend to see how I likeed it (actually love it) and I have the black Z71 carhardt fender badges coming from you. Hopefully get my 6.2 hood bages the dealer owes me soon. Now I want that bow tie grill emblem from the midnight edition! Lol 

That’s  to funny.......I changed out my lug nuts last week for black ones. I sprayed my exhaust tips with plasti dip over the weekend to see how I likeed it (actually love it) and I have the black Z71 carhardt fender badges coming from you. Hopefully get my 6.2 hood bages the dealer owes me soon. Now I want that bow tie grill emblem from the midnight edition! Lol 

I've done all of this, too. I love it! I went with the light up bowtie though. However, I didn't Souray my exhaust cutouts. I used the OE ones for the midnight edition trucks. It's more expensive, but removes any illegitimate claim GM could make to void warranty. Only chrome you'll find on my truck now is the button in the door handle, bowtie in wheel caps, and the trim on the interior.

28 minutes ago, Transient said:

I've done of this, too. I love it! I went with the light up bowtie though. However, I didn't Souray my exhaust cutouts. I used the OE ones for the midnight edition trucks. It's more expensive, but removes any illegitimate claim GM could make to void warranty.

That’s awesome! I need to look into that grill bowtie you have. Can you post a day time pic and a night time pic please? 

Did you do anything with the little Z71 emblem on the grill? 

On the exhaust tips....I figure the plasti dip will only last so long. Since I like the look I will change them out for the GM ones a little later. 

That’s awesome! I need to look into that grill bowtie you have. Can you post a day time pic and a night time pic please? 

Did you do anything with the little Z71 emblem on the grill? 

On the exhaust tips....I figure the plasti dip will only last so long. Since I like the look I will change them out for the GM ones a little later. 

Here's the only pic I currently have. This was as the sun was getting low in early August, but still out. You can't see it lit during the daytime. It's also not bright during the evening. For an idea about how looks in the daylight, you can't see the light. The clear plastic around the black bowtie looks just like your turn signal lens in the front grille. 19c9d599b635a169d176f116ecaef8cf.jpg

Just had a moment to step outside and take a pic for you. Here's a nighttime pic. The camera makes the bowtie look brighter than it actually is.

603ecfe988790e370f41bc402ec15793.jpg

• Like 1