Order Board Backlog on 2021 Tahoe

Interested to know this as well, since it seems the dealer lots are really sparse with new SUVs right now. I'm probably going to have to order what I'm wanting, since I'm not finding it spec'd out much online anywhere with existing production. 

Depends on what model and options you want, and your dealer's allocation.

For example - I ordered a Suburban High Country with the Duramax and High Country Deluxe package on 12/9. It is still sitting in 1100 today.

Diesels were on a 10% max production constraint through December (may have been extended - cannot find info on that). This week, GM put the Air Suspension and NHT Max Tow packages on constraint. Basically they are not building anything with those options at the moment and your order will sit. 

On top of that, in the case of my individual dealer - they did not get any Suburbans allocated for the month of January. Even though I have a sold order at the top of their stack, GM would not give them a Suburban last month. Supposedly whatever the first Suburban allocation they get for February will get assigned to my build. Now that they constrained it, who the hell knows.

13 minutes ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

Depends on what model and options you want, and your dealer's allocation.

For example - I ordered a Suburban High Country with the Duramax and High Country Deluxe package on 12/9. It is still sitting in 1100 today.

Diesels were on a 10% max production constraint through December (may have been extended - cannot find info on that). This week, GM put the Air Suspension and NHT Max Tow packages on constraint. Basically they are not building anything with those options at the moment and your order will sit. 

On top of that, in the case of my individual dealer - they did not get any Suburbans allocated for the month of January. Even though I have a sold order at the top of their stack, GM would not give them a Suburban last month. Supposedly whatever the first Suburban allocation they get for February will get assigned to my build. Now that they constrained it, who the hell knows.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm wanting one with the air suspension. Dang. 

• 1 month later...

I tried to order one in October. GM never took the order. December came still not accepted. We found one on the lot that was 90% of what we wanted.   Now I have the stuff that we wanted on order and its constrained. we have the suburban just cant get the wheels we want. I ordered wheels in December and have no end in site yet.  It was jan then feb. Now they hope for end of april.  

A friend at GM fleet told me they had 75,000 orders pending after Christmas. Between that, and the “chip shortage” I don’t believe they are accepting any orders for 2021 at this time. Apparently some vehicles have been built and sitting waiting for chips to become available.

My wife wanted a Tahoe or Suburban. Two weeks ago our dealer had 3 of each. Last week when she decided to buy, only one left. A white RST with luxury package. She wanted a sunroof but decided it wasn’t worth waiting and bought it that day.

172b8a5c893108447d0ee7b11e2ea8ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Tahoe! 

This is why I called off buying a Tahoe Z71 or AT4 Yukon. Almost all the models dealers had did not have the packages I wanted, and I kept horror hearing stories about order waitlists. I decided I’d just wait until later this year. Especially since no one was dealing on them with such short supply. 

• Like 2