1500 AT4 - No Upfitter Switches Option

Why do you suppose that the 1500 AT4 can not receive the upfitter switches yet the 3500 can? I've checked and all the parts are available to order and install by oneself after the fact but why not from the factory? Does this seem odd to anyone or do you suppose there is a reason for it?

I always put switches in my trucks for things like light bars, over head beacons, aux fuel pumps and reverse squawk boxes so having them already there is a great option.

We ordered the upfitter switches on our Fire Dept. 2020 1500.  They were ordered on the spec sheet but weren't factory installed. They were shipped with the truck but we had to install them.  You can order them though.

On '1500 fleet'9L7 can be ordered, but only on base and SLE trims.

On SLE, it requires a bunch of other stuff to be deleted. 

9L7 Specifically says parts will be shipped loose (1500 fleet and any of the HD versions)

9L7         Upfitter switch kit, (5), Provides 3-30 amp and 2-20 amp configurable circuits to facilitate installation of aftermarket electrical accessories. Kit with all required parts will be shipped loose with the truck for installation by the dealer or upfitter at customer expense. Installation instructions and technical assistance available at www.gmupfitter.com.