Unbelievable mileage and a 6 mo. Review

garyo

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

3C3162D4-7AE4-4F83-81A1-69C944A2A3FF.thumb.jpeg.30b295b93eb40e9c6505921f39785f7f.jpeg

?

Mine in a 5.3L after 2 years and 14K miles is about the same... 16mpg. 

Too much idling / remote starts for me. And my “commute” is 2 miles on a stoplight, 30-45mph stretch of suburb road. 

I wish the computer would not include idling when the truck is in Park. My wife’s Honda doesn’t. 

• Like 1

I must have gotten a rotten egg!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I can barely crack over 20 mpgs with this truck. I average around 18. 
How are you guys getting these mpgs???
Cruise control. It helps alleviate the right foot problem.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Transient said:

Cruise control. It helps alleviate the right foot problem.

Nice try. I set it. How do you think my 2018 averaged 24 mpgs consistently?!?   Nothing drives me crazier than people who drive on the interstate or open highways and don’t set it. Ugh!  
My truck ? just doesn’t get it. 

Also the only difference from my 2018 to 2019 is:

GMC vs Chevy——-new front end is a lot bigger!

8 spd vs 10 spd

bed length 5.8ft to 6.6 ft

same:

6.2L engine—-realize one was AFM vs DFM

CAI S&B

catback exhaust

crewcabs

22inch wheels

running boards

mud flaps

tonneau cover

just crazy to me my average is about 4 mpgs less. When DFM is supposed to be better.  But like I’ve said the 10 spd had more than made up for it in my mind. Would just be nice to see an improvement since others are seeing it

how about the fuel??  I always run premium 91 in it here in Midwest. It’s highest grade we have. 

I’ve been running 88 E15 through the last few tanks. Cold and snowy, not doing any towing or “spirited” driving. Most gets wasted in remote starts and drive-thrus so I got tired of spending more. I think mileage is worse with the 88 but the conditions haven’t helped.

Summer I run only 93 and still get crap. Hope I don’t have to feed this thing at $4+/gal in the future...lines would have to be drawn.

I’m with you on price of fuel. As you know I’m swapping out motors in my boat and I just have this terrible feeling that gas is going to skyrocket over $4 with this new administration to push for more EV sales.  Which makes

no sense because according to the media and Washington the economy is hurting. So why push up gas prices???  Stupid. Instead of people putting $60 to $100 in their vehicles filling them up. People could fill up for half that price and put the other money back into the economy. STUPIDITY at its FINEST we have there folks. No reason gas should ever go above $2

When I first got my truck i was able to run 93. Now that I've moved to California I'm stuck with 91, and it is already at $4/gallon. I could fill up at the gas station on base, but I don't know if it's Top Tier fuel. I go to Arco because they only have a $0.35 service charge for using cards at the pump instead of $0.10 more per gallon, and Arco is cheaper by about $0.40-$0.50/gallon. Another name for Arco is AM PM. If love to use Chevron and Shell, but the same quality gas for ~$10 more per full up just isn't worth it. I'm even questioning if Top Tier fuel is worth it for our trucks since we have direct injection instead of the previous setup where fuel was sprayed and then had to pass the valve to be detonated.