LOW IDLE RPMS

PSUFAN

1 hour ago, PSUFAN said:

My 2020 Silverado 1500 5.3L V8 idles between 100-200 RPMs while in park and stopped at a light.  I think this is extremely low but when I called my dealer they said not to worry.  I thought 500-600 RPMs was normal.  What's the right answer?

Maybe an obvious question, but is your auto/stop feature working/engaged? The tach's look kind of funky on the T1's where it drops down to the auto/off feature (hope my terminology is correct) when the engine shuts off when stopped.

I always turn my auto stop off when I start my truck, so I don't think it's that.  If the first line is 500 then that would be the answer.  I'll have to look next time I drive my truck, but aren't there 5 lines before 1000?  Mine idles between the first and second line which led me to believe that I'm idling at approx. 200 RPMs.  Can anyone confirm the first line is 500?

Where the needle rests and the first line is where it will be when in autostop. First line is 500rpm, each line is 100rpm. It shows more clearly when you look up between 1000-2000. 

16 minutes ago, PSUFAN said:

Thank you to everyone that responded to my question.  Seeing the picture made it very clear.  This is why I come to this forum for answers as you guys always clear things up for me.  

Yea, first time I had a T1 (only one so far) for a loaner, it took a couple of double takes to figure out what was going on with the tach, was not a fan of it and the auto stop.

Keep asking questions, lots to learn about the new rolling computers.....