Brake controller software update.

MTY55

Since I have own my truck I recall a couple instances where I started the truck up put in drive and the parking brake was set. Yesterday I headed out Started it up put it in gear and the parking brake was set .  After bowling yesterday same thing only this time it was followed by a check engine light.  Took it to the dealer this morning. They read the codes, it was a Brake Controller issue. Looks like they reprogrammed  the Brake Control Module per bulletin 2886978.

PXL_20210225_174549432.NIGHT.jpg

I’ve noticed with mine that if the parking brake is off and I put a load in the bed (bags of dirt, hitch a heavy trailer etc.) the brake automatically sets. I can hear it engage when I’m loading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/2/2021 at 9:35 PM, BlueDMax said:

I’ve noticed with mine that if the parking brake is off and I put a load in the bed (bags of dirt, hitch a heavy trailer etc.) the brake automatically sets. I can hear it engage when I’m loading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes. Mine does the same thing. It will also set when you are on a hill. Backing up with the camera View in Hitch mode and you put it into park from reverse.  Mine will sometimes set when loading and unloading tools (Bouncing around in the bed) .   Once in a while it will just set with none of the above occur. Like when its just sitting in the garage for a few days on level ground.