Tonneau cover input 2021 RST

ram1067

What style of cover are you looking for?

My cover on my '14 was an Access TonnoSport and I liked it very much.

My cover on my '19 is a TonnoPro LoRoll, and although it works...I don't like it near as much as the TonnoSport.  Not as well built.

If you are going lowest price, I bought my son a Gator ETX off of Amazon for $120 on cyber monday.  It's currently around $199, and I like it better than the TonnoPro.

All three I bought are soft roll-ups

• Thanks 1

I bought the same exact look of the low pro gm offered for the 2021 sierra. It was a soft rollup and the lathc was double sided and a pain to hook and unhook. The multigate needed fully dropped. To open cover which needs opened on most the coversbive had before closing for the back seal to sit correctly. The factory cover also covered the steak pockets so no bars of any kind would work. I have the sportsbar from gm and also picked up the tonnopro lo pro. It fits just like the factory one offered with the 2016-2018 just not gm. Both were $400 but functiinal with other bed options. Lo pro offers a sports bar optional cover but only 2016--2018. I ordered for a 21 and didnt get to pick that option. Im sure had i ordered the 2016-2018 it would have fit just as well on my 21 and had the sportsbar option.

Sum it up dont get the factory gm one. It will cover the steak pockets

Finding a nice trifold bakflip on craigslist or offer up was an option i took a few trucks back. Nice condition from a lease turn in for 350. Since then ive had the sportsbar and needed a soft roll whichni was never a fan of but holds up and is functional with decent looks if you take care of it

• Thanks 1

He thanks for all the suggestions on tonneau covers!  
Retrax pro nice but Man 1800 bucks!.... not sure how it would deal with Michigan weather. 

Im leaning towards a hard tri fold type.....

Something like the Gator bakflip etc. 

What about leaking? I read that most of tonneau covers today have some sort of leaking.....

thanks again for all the responses!  It’s always nice to hear from the people that actually buy the product and use it in an every day environment!!!

Love this forum! 

I'm eyeing the Retrax Pro as well.  It locks, so on those occasions that I have stuff in the back, I'd be less worried about it.  Plus, if you want racks or other storage hardware, it will still work.  But yeah, the price has me second guessing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ram1067 said:

Retrax pro nice but Man 1800 bucks!.... not sure how it would deal with Michigan weather. 

Im leaning towards a hard tri fold type.....

Something like the Gator bakflip etc. 

What about leaking? I read that most of tonneau covers today have some sort of leaking.....

Some of our work trucks have retractable covers, and they're useless from December to April because they're frozen solid.  I've got a Bakflip FiberMax and aside from the seal freezing to the tailgate (easily peeled free), weather is not an issue.  As far as leaking, I get nothing coming through the tonneau cover.  Just a little bit of water coming through the sides of the tailgate when it's pouring, but that's not the cover's fault.  I'll be adding weather stripping when it's warm enough to do so. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Salsa De Piña said:

Some of our work trucks have retractable covers, and they're useless from December to April because they're frozen solid.  I've got a Bakflip FiberMax and aside from the seal freezing to the tailgate (easily peeled free), weather is not an issue.  As far as leaking, I get nothing coming through the tonneau cover.  Just a little bit of water coming through the sides of the tailgate when it's pouring, but that's not the cover's fault.  I'll be adding weather stripping when it's warm enough to do so. 

Yeah that’s what I figured. 

Also do any of the bak flip hard style have access to the front of the box? Meaning by lifting up the front panel to gain access to the box. 

7 minutes ago, ram1067 said:

This is the one I was thinking about but the price turns me away. 

https://realtruck.com/p/extang-encore-tonneau-cover/v/chevy/silverado-1500/2021/

I could see that being useful if you had a toolbox under the front part, but you'd need some long running boards for it to be even remotely accessible (unless you're 8 feet tall.)  For me, I think I prefer being able to flip the whole thing up against the rear glass for stuff like picking up a load of topsoil.  I like how quickly you can pull the whole Extang cover out, though.

• Thanks 1