2500 vs 3500 need quick answer!

On 3/14/2021 at 12:32 PM, bones30 said:

My vote is 3500. See too many people maxing or almost maxing out payload on 2500. I wouldn’t go 2500 anymore. 1500 or 3500. 
Your money though and you spending a lot of it so make sure you are happy with your choice. 

While true.  I probably see more guys towing row boats and jet skis with large truck vs the other way around.  Its all in what you want.  In reality a 2500  probably hauls 90% of stuff out there safely. And you are right a lot og guys can be in a half ton and would be just fine

Problem with this argument to is if you go 3500, why not 4500 dually.

Edited by nards444

44 minutes ago, nards444 said:

Problem with this argument to is if you go 3500, why not 4500 dually

Lol.  A 2500 vs 3500 SRW comparison is much different than 3500 SRW-4500 dually discussion.  I get what you mean tho.

Big trucks for big toys..... The more you tow, the more you want that 3500 down the road. I don't tow hardly at all right now, never mind towing heavy, so my 2500 is fine for me. But as I near 60 this summer,  a nice toy hauler to see the rest of the county would be way cool.

On 3/14/2021 at 1:31 PM, CRApex said:

Lol.  A 2500 vs 3500 SRW comparison is much different than 3500 SRW-4500 dually discussion.  I get what you mean tho.

No your right, but think you get where I am going.  I see more 3/4, 1ton, diesels, running around with tool boxes in the back and utility trailers than anything.  Some kid that probably made 15 bucks an hour last year at the boat ramp had a 75k dually with about 5 grand in new wheels and tires, hauling jet skis, and said thats all you haul, and he said yup need the extra power,  just got a chuckle.  But its all in what you want, Im not arguing that ever.

Kind of where I set the limits are like this,  5k or less dont matter what dont need anything beyond a half ton,  short of some commerial application.  Anything above 9-10k defintely need a 3/4 or more.  Gets grey in that 5-10k zone, anything in the 5-8ish range half tons will do great just wouldnt do it regularly.