2500 vs 3500 need quick answer!

With all of GM's supply issues, my new 2500 still has no build date and will be missing some features.  I have just been offered an existing 3500 instead, which has all of the features I wanted except for the 5th wheel package which the dealer can install.  So ..  do I go with the 3500? Really reluctant to go bigger as I was actually considering a 1500 this time .. and worried about classificiations ===you know, when the government decides to make you safety and when they don't, lol.  Seems like the weight difference isn't much, but .. .wait for the 2500?  or go with this one?

Previous generations this was more of an issue as they capped the gvwr at 10k for the 2500 up until ‘20. Since then they are both well over 10k gvrw so I doubt there would be much difference, escpecially of you don’t already know because of certain regulations that you need to adhere to.  I actually had the opposite problem, I wanted a 3500 becuase they are more capable for essentially the same money with no drawbacks but all I could find was a 2500.  I would do it

I ordered a 2500 Denali with the 5th wheel package. I preferred a factory install since it'll come sealed and undercoated.  I've had a dealer installed 5th wheel and comparing them both really like the factory install.  I'd wait for the 2500 for this and the ride as others have commented.

On 3/8/2021 at 9:44 AM, gearheadesw said:

I think I would go with the 3500, you can always haul lighter, but you can’t haul heavier. As soon as you start looking at trailers......

^^^ What he said!!!

I would stay away from the factory hitch, that is the only thing I'm not happy with on my truck.  The goose ball is loose in the hitch and now it will not unlock and come out of the hitch.  Should have put a B & W in it and thrown the factory one in the trash!!!  Just my $0.02  your experience may vary!

:jester:

better to have more than enough than not enough.......all things being equal with just an added spring in leaf i would go for 3500

if there was a serious ride or money issues maybe not.....but they are basically same in every way cept for more capability and they have it right now.....i would think a 3500 for anyone who tows and needs a HD.....they are such different trucks than a 1500

My vote is 3500. See too many people maxing or almost maxing out payload on 2500. I wouldn’t go 2500 anymore. 1500 or 3500. 
Your money though and you spending a lot of it so make sure you are happy with your choice.