2021 Clearance lights retro fit to 2011

Hey guys. So every truck i have had i have always wanted clearance lights on it. I was going to do this job a couple years ago but i am glad i waited. The new 2021 lights look awesome and are super bright. I ordered the lights and the oem harness for them. I then made carboard templates for the lights to help layout and measure them onto the roof. To cut the square 3/4 holes i used a Dremel and a small file. ( next time i will invest in a square punch) Under each light i did add some silicone to seal everything up. While this step is not necessary i did it just incase. I then torqued each light down to 80 IB in as that is what GM calls for in the 2021 trucks. To connect power I cut off the factory 2021 connector and butt spliced a wire and ran it back across the roof to the passenger side terminal block and into the standard plug for clearance lights using a GT280 female terminal. While writing this it all sounds so easy however the job took about 6.5 hours. I took my time with layout and measurements. Honestly the worse part was that both end marker lights had to also go through the front support structure but only a little bit. That took some doing to cut that. The center light has 3 holes and the center one of that the entire thing had to go through the support bar. That took some work. All in all i am happy with the project and think they came out great. If anyone else is thinking of doing it i say go for it!

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG

• Like 1