Nitto Trail Grapplers, who's running them?

I'm seriously thinking about getting Trail Grapplers instead of Ridge Grapplers. Ridge Grapplers in my new size are impossible to find anywhere in the country and Nitto has no ETA on when they will be available. Meanwhile the Trail Grapplers are 2 days out.

I have the Ridge Grapplers now and I like them but I really wouldn't mind a more aggressive looking tire after I do my body lift. Going with 38x13.50x20 instead of 37's so the truck will be 2" taller and almost 14" taller than stock so a mud tire won't look out of place. From what I read, the Trail Grapplers are pretty good overall as far as mud tires go.

So who's running the Trail Grapplers and what size?

7c22d72cd1822ce77e6ed3bb6e07338c.jpg34b71d1b292381a896a4a98cceb90869.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm also considering these. Toyo Open Country MT
They are about$17 more than the Trail Grapplers.
I think these might be better in the snow from the reviews.2e8f61af7d736fac4c1eb4f79efb3540.jpg

I have the Toyo Mt's for my summer tires and wheels and the Ridge grapplers on my stock wheels for Winter. I just switched back to the Summer setup Tuesday. 

I can't stand the looks of the Ridge Grapplers and couldn't wait to get them off. Actually I plan to sell the stock wheels and ridge grapplers now there off.

I also can also tell you the ridge grapplers pick up more stones and throw them against the sides of your truck then the MT's. I believe it's due to the closer tread spacing on the ridge grapplers. With the larger tread spacing on the Mt's they don't seem to pick up the stones nearly as much.

I don't really drive my truck when the the roads are wet and salted, only comes out when the roads are dryin the Winter so I don't plan to change wheel setup next Winter.

The biggest difference I can tell between the Nitto Trail Grappler and the Toyo Open Country MT is the weight.
Nitto 91lbs
Toyo 100lbs
That alone is making me think Trail Grappler is the best choice.
I would probably go with the Toyo Open Country AT since they are available but the sidewalls are hideous. The MT sidewalls are better but the Trail Grapplers sidewalls are the most beefy.

Had the ridge grapplers on my 07 4x4 and did about 200-400 highway miles a week plus whatever I was doing in the city and off road which was at or slightly above average. They only last 24,000 miles to 3/16”. Its anecdotal at best but the damn rubber on these things seem to fall right off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the ridge grapplers on my 07 4x4 and did about 200-400 highway miles a week plus whatever I was doing in the city and off road which was at or slightly above average. They only last 24,000 miles to 3/16”. Its anecdotal at best but the damn rubber on these things seem to fall right off.

I read a ton of reviews on Ridge Grapplers and Trail Grapplers.
I think half the reviews are guys that need alignments or other wear parts so they wore out in 25,000 miles. The other half are good reviews.
I know for a fact if you rotate regularly the Ridge Grapplers will last 50,000.
Look at mine with 20,000.
Ton of tread left. They will be for sale soon. dd246766cdecfa75ffe49483ac637fde.jpg

• Like 1

I’ve had the same set of trail grapplers for 10 years and two trucks. They’re still well over 50% tread.  They wear like iron. I’m replacing soon just due to age and maybe a wheel diameter change. 

I never ran them in winter, but the only caution I will give is they are not siped.  So I always take it easy on wet roads because they do like to break loose.  

not sure if I’ll get them again just because after that long I just want to have something different. Not because I didn’t like them.  It down to another set of trails, toyo mt, toyo rt, or maybe MT ATZ P3.  All depends if I stick with 20s or go up to 22s.  

I read a ton of reviews on Ridge Grapplers and Trail Grapplers.
I think half the reviews are guys that need alignments or other wear parts so they wore out in 25,000 miles. The other half are good reviews.
I know for a fact if you rotate regularly the Ridge Grapplers will last 50,000.
Look at mine with 20,000.
Ton of tread left. They will be for sale soon. dd246766cdecfa75ffe49483ac637fde.jpg

Have heard nothing but good things about the Ridge Grapplers as well! My review was on the Trails alone.

You said you only got 24,000 miles on your ridge grapplers.
My ridge grapplers still have 3/4 tread left with 20,000 miles.
I'd say you need an alignment or something.

You said you only got 24,000 miles on your ridge grapplers.
My ridge grapplers still have 3/4 tread left with 20,000 miles.
I'd say you need an alignment or something.

Maybe. I’d say I bought and used those tires over 6 years ago and Nitto probably got their ****** together in the meantime since everyone I knew that had them at the time echoed the same complaint. But hell, I also drove that thing like it was stolen! I love Nitto I just think they had a bad run with these tires for a little bit.

• Like 1