L83/ LT1 intake manifold/tb swap

10 hours ago, meirikm said:

I ordered the L86 intake mani/throttle body today from rock auto. With seals and delivery to Canada it cost about $475(cdn). Now we wait...馃槑 I hate waiting馃槱

will you be doing a before and after dyno with stock tune ? then a tune and dyno after the bigger parts are installed?

At the moment I鈥檓 running bully dog bdx...I know, I know, this isn鈥檛 the best option but i do plan to get it professionally tuned/dyno鈥檇. Fun fact about the bdx, when I bought it it wasn鈥檛 compatible with my truck. I actually had to talk with bully dog in Texas and they had to make custom tune configurations for me. It took them about a month馃檮. But I can definitely tell the difference. Haven鈥檛 had any issues for two years now.聽

Is the tune needed for the l86 tb/mani聽swap? I heard some people haven鈥檛 had any issues. 聽Not聽sure if it would have an effect on the bdx or not聽

3 hours ago, meirikm said:

What are my options for more fuel?

In the tune.

i mean the maf should be able to compensate for most of it. forget all my tuning stuff.聽

might just need a tune for open loop

Edited by truckguy82

Oh ok. Got it. I鈥檝e heard some guys have said they were fine without the tune. I obviously want a tune but until I can get one, it鈥檚聽nice to know if the truck can function without it. I need it for work etc

if you want to just pretend to make power, then honestly i would just do a larger throttle body for the l83 manifold, if your not gonna tune it.

if you go the whole L86 induction then you might as well do it correctly and install a stage 1 or 2 cam from BTR, then bolt in the lt5 TB with l86 mani. ported or not.聽 then you'll have a good starting point to go from. and real seat of the pant ride.

Edited by pokismoki

I got my parts from rock auto. They came quick but the intake manifold has a cracked port from shipping. 馃槱. I鈥檝e emailed them yesterday and filled out a replacement form. Hopefully I hear back soon. They鈥檙e usually pretty good with this stuff聽