L83/ LT1 intake manifold/tb swap

Hey all,  I’m going to swap out my stock 2017 L83 manifold and throttle body for the LT1 equivalent. Does anyone have the stock AC Delco part numbers? I know Holley makes a tb adaptor that straightens out the sloped tb. I know I also need a new pcv tube

and perhaps a new wire adaptor..? Any insight? Thanks in advance. Also, is there an aftermarket LT1 manifold that is roughly the same cost as the factory manifold? I’ll also want mew manifold and tb seals. 

thx

6 hours ago, meirikm said:

Hey all,  I’m going to swap out my stock 2017 L83 manifold and throttle body for the LT1 equivalent. Does anyone have the stock AC Delco part numbers? I know Holley makes a tb adaptor that straightens out the sloped tb. I know I also need a new pcv tube

and perhaps a new wire adaptor..? Any insight? Thanks in advance. Also, is there an aftermarket LT1 manifold that is roughly the same cost as the factory manifold? I’ll also want mew manifold and tb seals. 

thx

I'm just curious, what are you wanting to do this for? Add'l HP?

Yes, more hp. Better throttle response. It’s a relatively inexpensive upgrade. I don’t have turbo or sc money right now so I want to try to squeeze what power I can put of this. 

the 6.2 throttle body is cheap on amazon, I bought it and air raid 200-911 to connect it to the stock air box

I just used 3/8 heater line to connect the intake to the brake booster since I deleted my vac pump. You can just do that and run it wherever and not buy the pcv line

Is there a benefit to deleting the vacuum line? Im already set up with a K&N cold air intake. Would this be compatible with the LT1 throttle body, given that it’s larger?  Would I just need some sort of flexible rubber hose/clamp combo? And isn’t the LT1 tb already port and polished?(like, wouldn’t it be better than the L86 tb?)

Oh ok. Ya my 4 cyl mode is off as well. I imagine that the L86 aftermarket cai tube is a little larger in diameter? I’m guessing if so, that it would be beneficial to upgrade that as well rather than using my L83 K&N one? Or would it even make a difference?

4 hours ago, James ****** said:

I doubt any cold air intake does anything to begin with 

The tube between the throttle body and air box does make a small difference. Nothing else does though. Someone did a dyno test of a lot of different intakes and found that the ideal situation for HP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 9:29 AM, meirikm said:

thx

Definitely go with l86 Intake, or lt2 intake if you want to take it beyond that

lt1 intake is nothing special, it might even be worse than the l86 intake. There has been some testing in l86 vs lt1 intake. I have only seen one back to back dyno and the l86 performed better. It’s not much in the way of evidence, but when you include the fact that the l86 has longer runners for the low end torque your 5.3 could certainly use, and the fact that you need to reroute accessies with the lt1, it’s a no brainer.

they designed the lt1 intake with corvette hood clearance in mind

Edited by truckguy82

try youtube, theres a guy on there that shows all part numbers and how to do it. Prestonmoore i belive is his name the lt2 is a waste of time from what i've seen.  you do want to install the lt5 TB on the l83 manifold then get a cam from BTR cams

Edited by pokismoki

On 3/20/2021 at 9:29 AM, meirikm said:

thx

Here’s a thread I made on the camaro forums about lt1 vs l86 intake.

well the msd intake is an expensive intake mani upgrade to the lt1.

so there’s lt1 < msd < ported msd

and the l86 intake mani did a better job than the ported msd

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=543457

Edited by truckguy82