burning coolant

I just bough a used truck from auction and it blows a small bit of white some so i did a compression test and cylinder 2,4,6,8 were at 180 and cylinder 1-160,  3-165, 4-165, 7-180 . My question is do yall think it could be the head gasket or a cracked head. The heads are 862 casting with 142k on motor

Edited by jack1911

2 hours ago, jack1911 said:

if its bad is it worth it to replace just the one head. or should i do both and switch to a different head.  if it wantsnt 11:30 at night i would go look now 

Here's a link for the TSB on the Castech head issue showing their symbol, where it is located, and where the heads crack.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Bluegorilla/2008-12-05_142924_Coolant_loss_5.3.pdf

my 04 had the castech head issue. Same symptoms eventually overheated taking out the head gasket. I put a set of 799/243 heads on mine I wasn’t going to risk another castech failure. I would do both if you plan on keeping it. 

Not sure if I want to keep the truck or just toss in some blue devil and sell it. If I decided to keep it any

recommendations for heads I should switch to. I was reading If I switching to a 243 the truck would be a dog in low rpm. Did you notice a power difference at all 

Edited by jack1911