1.5" Level on 2021 RST Z71

I know this topic has been beat to death, but I'm looking at a 1.5" level kit for my 2021 RST Z71. I think 2" might be too much and I don't want that too much look. I initially was going to get a Moto Fab 1.5" Bottom spacer (link below), but I've read that there are issues with it hitting the CV boot. Is this still true?

https://www.americantrucks.com/motofab-silverado1500-150-inch-front-leveling-kit-ch-15lm.html

I'm more leaning towards the Pro Comp 1.5" top spacer kit, it appears this gets away from any issues. Although it is more pricey, relatively speaking, but I don't want issues down the road.

https://www.americantrucks.com/pro-comp-15-leveling-lift-kit-2019-silverado-1500-chevy.html?utm_content=AT Lift Kits - Leveling Kits and Body Lifts|Pro Comp Suspension&T5_Var4=S111877&utm_campaign=ATS+Silverado+Brand+%26+Vehicle+Low&dialogtech=ppc&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&T5_Var3=red&gclid=Cj0KCQjwo-aCBhC-ARIsAAkNQivPqnizARafLFOeK3AD2B3GnUzMPfTx7ZGzZ15kf_pQH2kkbyi2F1AaAoU8EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

What is the best option for a 1.5" Level? Thanks.

Edited by ms6040

I know this topic has been beat to death, but I'm looking at a 1.5" level kit for my 2021 RST Z71. I think 2" might be too much and I don't want that too much look. I initially was going to get a Moto Fab 1.5" Bottom spacer (link below), but I've read that there are issues with it hitting the CV boot. Is this still true?

https://www.americantrucks.com/motofab-silverado1500-150-inch-front-leveling-kit-ch-15lm.html

I'm more leaning towards the Pro Comp 1.5" top spacer kit, it appears this gets away from any issues. Although it is more pricey, relatively speaking, but I don't want issues down the road.

https://www.americantrucks.com/pro-comp-15-leveling-lift-kit-2019-silverado-1500-chevy.html?utm_content=AT Lift Kits - Leveling Kits and Body Lifts|Pro Comp Suspension&T5_Var4=S111877&utm_campaign=ATS+Silverado+Brand+%26+Vehicle+Low&dialogtech=ppc&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&T5_Var3=red&gclid=Cj0KCQjwo-aCBhC-ARIsAAkNQivPqnizARafLFOeK3AD2B3GnUzMPfTx7ZGzZ15kf_pQH2kkbyi2F1AaAoU8EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

What is the best option for a 1.5" Level? Thanks.

Not sure about issues with rubbing the CV boot, but I most recently had a lower aluminum 2” kit from ReadyLift. In 30k miles, there were no issues of any kind. My preference is the lower just based on ease of installation. Putting the upper in just requires pulling the whole strut. Many people will have many different reasoning, and that is mine.

1a338bb1018121fc35678a39217d376f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the lower 1.5" spacer and it did push the shock against the cv boot.  I went with the pro-comp top mount 1.5" spacer and it has been fine.  My truck now sits level according to a level I put across the bed rails.  My front fender well opening is 39.25", the rear fender is 28.75".  The truck seems to have sagged in the back a little, truck is 5 months old.  I say this because after I installed the 1.5", I was thinking I should have went with a 2" lift, but after the little bit of sagging rear I'm happy with the 1.5".  

If you go with the Pro Comp Suspension 1.50-Inch Leveling Lift Kit at $203. before the discount, you should just pay the extra $53. and get Bilstein 5100s at https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/chevy-gmc/silverado-1500/2019/bilstein-b8-5100-0-2-5-front-lift-shocks-for-2019-2020-chevrolet-silverado-1500-2wd-4wd/

Install will be the same $ for both from what I know.  Just did the 5100s and love how the truck rides now.

16 minutes ago, RSVolcom said:

If you go with the Pro Comp Suspension 1.50-Inch Leveling Lift Kit at $203. before the discount, you should just pay the extra $53. and get Bilstein 5100s at https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/chevy-gmc/silverado-1500/2019/bilstein-b8-5100-0-2-5-front-lift-shocks-for-2019-2020-chevrolet-silverado-1500-2wd-4wd/

Install will be the same $ for both from what I know.  Just did the 5100s and love how the truck rides now.

I'm half tempted at that option now. Did you end up with a solid 1.5" with one of the notches? Which one?

29 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

I tried the lower 1.5" spacer and it did push the shock against the cv boot.  I went with the pro-comp top mount 1.5" spacer and it has been fine.  My truck now sits level according to a level I put across the bed rails.  My front fender well opening is 39.25", the rear fender is 28.75".  The truck seems to have sagged in the back a little, truck is 5 months old.  I say this because after I installed the 1.5", I was thinking I should have went with a 2" lift, but after the little bit of sagging rear I'm happy with the 1.5".  

Thanks for the info. I'm steering away from the lower spacer and leaning towards either what you did or the Bilstein B8 5100 shocks as mentioned here. Those are tempting, especially if it will improve the ride. 

19 minutes ago, ms6040 said:

I'm half tempted at that option now. Did you end up with a solid 1.5" with one of the notches? Which one?

I couldn't tell you what notch it was set at for the front 293297.  Didn't do the install myself.  It is ever so slightly higher in the front, but that should all but dissipate in a few weeks once they settle.  I also did the back Bilstein 293471.  Picture attached and this was done last Friday 19MAR.

I notice the main difference in the back with the new shocks.  Front as well but more in the back.  It was well worth doing both front/back in my eyes.  Initially I was going to do the lower spacer and quickly changed my mind after reading.   I'll take this on local trails in Big Bear so I didn't want to mess with the spacer for that main reason.

IMG_2335.jpg

2 hours ago, ms6040 said:

Thanks for the info. I'm steering away from the lower spacer and leaning towards either what you did or the Bilstein B8 5100 shocks as mentioned here. Those are tempting, especially if it will improve the ride. 

At $180 I would go with shocks too.  I only paid $80ish for my pro-comp spacers.  I can't find the actual price any more, but this is what I purchased.

AmericanTrucks

I see them for $130 on Amazon.  For what it's worth mine rides the same as before the spacers.  

On 3/23/2021 at 1:45 PM, RSVolcom said:

I couldn't tell you what notch it was set at for the front 293297.  Didn't do the install myself.  It is ever so slightly higher in the front, but that should all but dissipate in a few weeks once they settle.  I also did the back Bilstein 293471.  Picture attached and this was done last Friday 19MAR.

I notice the main difference in the back with the new shocks.  Front as well but more in the back.  It was well worth doing both front/back in my eyes.  Initially I was going to do the lower spacer and quickly changed my mind after reading.   I'll take this on local trails in Big Bear so I didn't want to mess with the spacer for that main reason.

IMG_2335.jpg

What size tires?

I ended up ordering a set of front & rear Bilstein shocks. They are to be installed next week along with stock size Ridge Grapplers. I'm wondering if I will need a 1" block for the rear or not? I figure I'll see what it ends up at first. Looking forward to it.

I have the Bilsteins getting installed next week also. My truck doesn’t have a factory rear block. I only have about 1 1/4” rake on mine now. I think I’m going to do 1 1/2” setting on the front and add a 1” block in the rear. That should keep it level or slight rake, I don’t want it nose high. Still debating the rear block tho, I need to take some more accurate measurements before I do it.