First post: Need help with speaker upgrade please.

I’ve read a bunch of posts but I’m still unsure. If I buy component speakers such as Rockford P-1675-S. They come with the big 6.75 that goes in the fron door and a small tweeter that goes somewhere else. Is this tweeter supposed to be the replacement for the dash speaker or is it in addition to the dash speaker?  

The tweeters will go in the dash (and replace the ones that are there currently -- if you buy the setup from Crutchfield, they include the mounting brackets for both the doors and the dash. What's unclear is whether or not you'll need to run a direct connect to the tweeter (from the woofer) or if you can (if you want to) re-use the factory wiring.

1 hour ago, laughey said:

The tweeters will go in the dash (and replace the ones that are there currently -- if you buy the setup from Crutchfield, they include the mounting brackets for both the doors and the dash. What's unclear is whether or not you'll need to run a direct connect to the tweeter (from the woofer) or if you can (if you want to) re-use the factory wiring.

Thanks for the reply. 

Depends on your factory setup. Dash speakers in my LTZ with Bose are a separate channel, so they don't connect to door speakers at all. If you want separates in the door (better sound), you need to find a good spott o mount the tweeters. I put mine in the door sail to make it easy to connect crossover.

Crutchfield included wire harnesses for the door speakers in my order. I have talked to them for help but they give me different answers every time. I’m starting to regret getting talked into component speakers. I thought it was Just going to be replacing speakers, not running wires from the door to the dash. That sounds like a hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, WNCTracker said:

Crutchfield included wire harnesses for the door speakers in my order. I have talked to them for help but they give me different answers every time. I’m starting to regret getting talked into component speakers. I thought it was Just going to be replacing speakers, not running wires from the door to the dash. That sounds like a hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why I mounted mine in the sail panel of the door. You only have to run the wires from the cross over up the door panel. Running them back through the door conduit to the body is exceptionally hard. Stick with component. They sound much better than leaving the tweeter down low. 

I believe the other approach is to find the door wires under the dash, cut into them to hook up the crossover, then use the cut wire running to the door to power the woofer, and run the tweeter to the A pillar or the dash somewhere. 

20180711_095429.jpg

20180714_134533.jpg

• Like 1