6.2L vs 3.0 Diesel, considering upgrading from my '18 6.2L

After owning my 3.0L for over a year and 30,000 miles (with zero problems!) my thoughts are this:

- I LOVE this truck. Perfect for good highway mileage and moderate towing, and/or someone wanting a diesel. For me, this is my first diesel ever and really wanted that for a change. I was just bored of the gas engine for the time being. I have zero regrets for getting it and the engine/transmission fits my needs great. After lifting it and putting larger heavier LT tires on it I feel a sluggishness when starting from a dead stop. Typical and it doesn’t bother me but for someone that is more concerned with “street quickness” after leveling etc I think they’d be dissatisfied. 

- If you don’t “really want” a diesel like I did, I’d honestly just recommend people stick with the 5.3 or upgrade to the 6.2; most wanting more out of a truck like 99% of us on a site like this, I think the 6.2 makes more sense. 

As I own this 3.0 longer, the more and more I’m convinced it is exceptionally fitted for a unique subgroup specifically wanting this for their needs (like me) but for most people they should just stick with the gas engine. 

Convert the 18 to E85 more power and the fuel is alot cheaper. Where i am in ny near nj gas in nj is $3.15 for premium $3.05 for diesel and E85 is $1.89. I average 16 mpg on E85 and 18 mph on premium.

I've got almost 2000 miles on my 3.0L. I am not currently towing anything and I primarily use this for highway driving, so I don't regen (that I am aware of) terribly often. I love it so far. I haven't really tried hard accelerations but the times that I have, have felt like there was more than enough power to pass or enter traffic. My best MPG (per the computer) was 37.2 for 25 miles...pretty sure that was a 60 mph country road followed by a several mile downhill stretch. Typically getting between 29 and 31 over longer distances. I noticed that adding power service diesel kleen cetane boost seemed to get me about an extra 1-1.5 mpg, based on my very unscientific method, as it seems impossible to find any diesel greater than 40 cetane in my area.

I love it, but I don't tow currently and I don't care about racing anyone in my truck, and most of my miles involve some amount of highway driving.

12 minutes ago, AONYX said:

I've got almost 2000 miles on my 3.0L. I am not currently towing anything and I primarily use this for highway driving, so I don't regen (that I am aware of) terribly often. I love it so far. I haven't really tried hard accelerations but the times that I have, have felt like there was more than enough power to pass or enter traffic. My best MPG (per the computer) was 37.2 for 25 miles...pretty sure that was a 60 mph country road followed by a several mile downhill stretch. Typically getting between 29 and 31 over longer distances. I noticed that adding power service diesel kleen cetane boost seemed to get me about an extra 1-1.5 mpg, based on my very unscientific method, as it seems impossible to find any diesel greater than 40 cetane in my area.

I love it, but I don't tow currently and I don't care about racing anyone in my truck, and most of my miles involve some amount of highway driving.

Doing mostly 2 lane rural driving, this one is regening about every 250 - 300 miles.

I was always able to notice when regens occurred on the LML and L5P trucks I ran for many years - but not on the 3.0L. 

Decided to add an aftermarket monitor.

It show regens about every 250 - 300 miles, and that they only last about 10 or 12 minutes/miles.  

I've never put any additive in any of them.