2018 Silverado Custom Mods Question

Hey guys I have a 2018 Silverado Custom and looking to upgrade the interior a bit . I got a Denali cluster and the silver trims for the dash and door panels along with the dual climate control. I would like to upgrade the 7” screen to and 8” if possible I messaged WAMS but they said they couldn’t help. Also looking to upgrade the steering wheel. Would I need a new clock spring if I were to upgrade to a steering wheel with FCA ? I know for the heated steering wheel I would need the clock spring but not sure on the Steering wheel with FCA. Thanks in advanced I got the custom because I was looking for a truck with a 6.5 bed and was the only one I could find here in California so got stuck with the base model interior. 

What is the 8” screen? I know there is the 4” and then the upgraded 7”. As far as adding FCA, that would require programming and a lot of wiring, if it can even be added to the custom. Heated wheel is an easy swap with the correct clock spring and jumper wire if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the 8” screen? I know there is the 4” and then the upgraded 7”. As far as adding FCA, that would require programming and a lot of wiring, if it can even be added to the custom. Heated wheel is an easy swap with the correct clock spring and jumper wire if needed.

IO5/IO6 is the 8” like you have now ;)

IOB is the 7” screen that doesn’t have an HMI like typically found on an IO4/5/6.

Hey guys I have a 2018 Silverado Custom and looking to upgrade the interior a bit . I got a Denali cluster and the silver trims for the dash and door panels along with the dual climate control. I would like to upgrade the 7” screen to and 8” if possible I messaged WAMS but they said they couldn’t help. Also looking to upgrade the steering wheel. Would I need a new clock spring if I were to upgrade to a steering wheel with FCA ? I know for the heated steering wheel I would need the clock spring but not sure on the Steering wheel with FCA. Thanks in advanced I got the custom because I was looking for a truck with a 6.5 bed and was the only one I could find here in California so got stuck with the base model interior. 

The FCA on the wheel will be a dead button.

But since you have the 7” IOB system, you’re missing a lot stuff in order to get the IO5/6 8” screen to work. Having the dash doesn’t help with wiring either since the hardware you have now is different.

• Like 1

IO5/IO6 is the 8” like you have now ;)

IOB is the 7” screen that doesn’t have an HMI like typically found on an IO4/5/6.

You’re right. Lol. After doing so much research on the Denali clusters, that is what has the 7”, while the radio has the 8”. Doh..

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

The FCA on the wheel will be a dead button.

But since you have the 7” IOB system, you’re missing a lot stuff in order to get the IO5/6 8” screen to work. Having the dash doesn’t help with wiring either since the hardware you have now is different.

I ended up buying a regular LT steering wheel works fine just need it for the cluster. Illl probably end up getting a Alpine or a Tesla screen not sure yet. Do you happen to have anything for the audio controls to work on a upgraded head unit? Also wondering if there’s a harness to add power seats? I order the steering wheel cable from you and it was super simple especially with the instructions only thing that was a pain was removing the airbag.

I have a 2017 Silverado WT that had the I03 radio.  I installed the Denali cluster, an Alpine I209-GM radio, and the upgraded steering wheel with the buttons that control the DIC.  See post below.  There are also pictures in the thread.

• Like 1