I think I have seen somewhere that turning on tow haul mode should disable DFM or AFM. Is there any truth to this? Don’t have an exhaust yet so really I can’t tell whether it’s actually shutting the deactivation down.

thanks

1 hour ago, RPaul said:

I think I have seen somewhere that turning on tow haul mode should disable DFM or AFM. Is there any truth to this? Don’t have an exhaust yet so really I can’t tell whether it’s actually shutting the deactivation down.

thanks

Nope.  Still works in Tow/Haul.  Also stays working in Sport Mode.  

AFM motors will disable when in manual mode so shifter down to L and then toggle up with the + to L5. 

DFM motors I'm still unsure on.  L7 on the 8 speeds and L9 on the 10 speeds "should" disable, however I swear I've driven a couple DFM 5.3s in L7/L9 and it still sounded like it was deactivating cylinders.

Edited by newdude

• 2 weeks later...

This was only city driving in a 2020 TB 6.2L. I just took my trailer back to storage for a few days after some fixing. I also have QTP cutouts on my truck so I opened the exhaust and put it in Tow/Haul and sport while towing. It certainly cuts cylinders. I had about 7,500lb behind me and in tow/haul and sport once I got to speed even at 30 MPH it was cutting cylinders once cruising. I will try this on the highway this weekend too, but at a little over 11 feet I'm sure the drag will keep in 8 Cylinders for most of that trip. 

On 4/16/2021 at 3:56 AM, RPaul said:

thanks

Tow Haul mode does, however, disable the Auto Stop/Start function for what it's worth.

• Like 1