Read in another thread about the Diablo handheld now being available. Looks like Superchips and Edge have the same product also with pricing being slightly different. From what I've read on their sites the ECM has to be shipped in for modification just like HPTuners for access but it's still readable and flashable by GM for updates or whatnot. Does anyone know if you receive the same ECM back or is it an exchange like HP? Can GM tell it's been modified even though they can still read and flash it if returned to stock tune? All three tuners are powerteq brands, are they all the same tune? 

Edited by 570590
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 9:55 AM, 570590 said:

Read in another thread about the Diablo handheld now being available. Looks like Superchips and Edge have the same product also with pricing being slightly different. From what I've read on their sites the ECM has to be shipped in for modification just like HPTuners for access but it's still readable and flashable by GM for updates or whatnot. Does anyone know if you receive the same ECM back or is it an exchange like HP? Can GM tell it's been modified even though they can still read and flash it if returned to stock tune? All three tuners are powerteq brands, are they all the same tune? 

Do you have a link to the tuner?

On 4/26/2021 at 4:51 PM, Mike@Diablosport said:

You get your original ECU back, hence no need for dealer visits or relearns, etc.

In the past I know Diablo was able to keep their tune "hidden" is that still the case with the new GM trucks or will they be able to see that you have modified the ECM? 

I bought the 7222-R Diablosport...didn't know / read about the fact of overnighting the computer away. I'm on the fence about it.  Previously I had a 2003 Silverado and put a Whipple on it...it came with a Diablosport tuner and I never had issues with either product.  Possibly this Monday I'll send it away...or in 2 weeks after a camping trip.  I'm not sure on the turn around time.  I'll be sure to share my adventures on this one. 

I sent my ECU to HP tuners they turn it around quickly. I know it's different companies but Diablo has been very good to me in the past and I hope that level is customer service is still there.