How many miles on your 5.3

On 5/17/2021 at 10:28 AM, Welder2014 said:

2019 GMC Sierra  22000 flawless best truck ever owned.

Ever? Do you only keep vehicles for a year? Never under stood how people can say that. Did you mean the nicest vehicle you have ever owned? I would think you would want to wait until the end of its life and see if any major issues or failures pop up which probably wouldn't make that the best vehicle ever owned. Usually the longer we own a vehicle the better it has been for us. Our Astro van was the best we ever owned. Over 250k miles, many towing at its weight limit with nothing more than an alternator failure and just maintenance. My current truck has 90k and has been fantastic. Taken well off road, hauled many times at or above its limit and has been great, which leads me to my question for bullet...

On 4/26/2021 at 11:13 PM, bullet225ho said:

I have a 14 with 252,000 on it.

Hey Bullet, any more info on those 250k miles? Any failures or issues? How was the maintenance schedule, any big ticket items or things you saw. Did you install a catch can? Was this truck a highway queen or was it roughed up towing, hauling and off road? Mine has 90k on it (2014 5.3) and will probably go to 150k or so. Want to go until a few years after the next gen midsizers come out. With this whole work from home thing I certainly haven't been putting as many miles on it as usual. 

Tyler

I got the truck used in 2016 with 49k on it.  I do edge 0-20 oil every 7k.  A/C condenser went out at around 80k. I swapped that out myself.  Transmission went out at around 126k  on GM Replacement since then.  Starter at around 140k.   Pads and rotors also around 140k.  Plugs and wires at the transmission swap at 126k.  Just replaced the front pads and rotors again at 252k as the others were warped and vibrating badly on braking.  I don't have a catch can as I have no clue what that is.  Truck was mainly used on highway.  I do tow a 21ft Bullet bass boat about 15 times a year(150 mile round trip to the lake and back).   Also tow a 20ft enclosed trailer about 4 times a year.   Off road with the truck has been minimal.  Hunting club when its wet.  basically muddy clay roads in Oct and Nov.  I just got back from a trip to the beach in the truck.  500miles round trip.  averaged 18.6mpg on dic.  2" level and 32" BFG on stock wheels.

My son is 12 and I'd say this will probably be his truck in 4 years.  I drove the truck as a daily in outside sales...so daily it was a highway queen... but it is my truck...so I pulled the boat, went hunting etc.  I now have a provided work vehicle and the GMC sets in the driveway (except for the vacation trip and towing boat/hunting)  

• Thanks 1