Attempting radio conversion

I bought a used silverado with the smaller 4.2 inch screen. I want to convert to the bigger 8 inch screen, possibly with navi. I have done some reading on here regarding this and got a pretty good idea on the steps involved. I'm going to gather all the parts needed myself, programming the new modules is not a problem. I have a few questions;

Regarding the touch screen. Are they all interchangeable or does it have to be specific? I plan on getting HMI 2.5 with android and apple.

Is there a website that I can use to purchase all the parts aside from ebay?

touchscreens are all the same. its the programming that is what you are paying for. it needs to be matched up to your vehicle. I have done it on both our trucks, yea its going to cost some to keep OEM.  

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2021 at 5:21 PM, CrawlSlow said:

I bought a used silverado with the smaller 4.2 inch screen. I want to convert to the bigger 8 inch screen, possibly with navi. I have done some reading on here regarding this and got a pretty good idea on the steps involved. I'm going to gather all the parts needed myself, programming the new modules is not a problem. I have a few questions;

Regarding the touch screen. Are they all interchangeable or does it have to be specific? I plan on getting HMI 2.5 with android and apple.

Is there a website that I can use to purchase all the parts aside from ebay?

Yes, go to white media and auto services they will sell you all you meed to make the conversion, I even bought from them a Denali cluster, they send me programmed, and was a plug and play process, for my 2017 chevy Silverado WT

BAJAking

• Like 1