looking for engine oil add trick

Time for my second oil change on 2020 Sierra HD 6.6L Duramax.  Given the location of the oil filler, anybody have a cool trick for pouring in 10 qts of oil (from gallon jug)?  I haven't even found a funnel that looks like it would fit or be much help. Thinking about a long hose that would come up between the back of the hood and the windshield and connect to a funnel.

I haven't found a good way, so I use a short funnel to add the oil and pour slowly.  I normally buy oil in 2.5 gallon jugs and then pour the oil into one gallon jugs before adding the oil.  The 2.5 gallon jugs don't work - they're too large.  I thought about removing the oil fill neck from the engine, similar to how the pre 20 models were made, but that isn't much of an improvement if any - takes a much longer funnel then.

• 2 weeks later...

Similar to what "unit" shared, I transfer quarts from my 10 quart jug to a 1 gallon oil jug. The jug is smaller and easier to handle.  I use a funnel as suggested by RugbyRef but a somewhat smaller version.  The funnel is working well.  I think I picked up this funnel at Walmart.

Neat idea by iflypigs!

image.thumb.png.2c31f7ced5cc8a0655d8e16804b53214.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AMSOIL has a FloTool Flexable pour spout that goes on their qts and gallon jugs.  Not sure if it will fit other gallon jugs.

g3721.jpg.b827f62ebe12db911b20738260862f36.jpg

They also have a Smart Spout that fits their 2.5 gallon jugs.

g3071.jpg.a4badfa4d4b6ef678985e9e7f3498455.jpg

Edited by Black02Silverado