I washed my new 21 Silverado for the first time and noticed a spot on the hood that looks like it's through the paint into the primer. It didn't look like that before I rubbed at it a few times with the wash mitt. Bummed about this. The truck only has 300 miles on it. I'd hate to have to get the hood repainted to fix this. 

IMG_20210723_122044.jpg

While I understand your frustration, having it painted may open a bigger can of worms. I would live with it. As time moves on you will have more flaws.

I purchased my 2020 Trail boss LT crew in black and the paint seams very soft. I have never had so many scratches, paint chips and issues with brand nee paint in my life. The dealer had their shop detail it but the paint is CRAP!!! My wife’s 2017 Tahoe same black paint no issues at all. I got no idea what the heck is wrong with my trucks paint it really is disappointing!

I agree that this paint seems terrible. I found numerous paint imperfections when I was washing it this past week. Dust in the paint on the front bumper, roof, hood etc. A fisheye on the passenger rear door. I expect minor imperfections in new vehicle paint but these seemed excessive. I ended up moving my emblems back to cover the spot on the hood. I ordered new emblems for $26. I think they look better now anyway. I also had it ceramic coated. Definitely going to need a clear bra because I ended up with a huge chip on the grill today and it only has 400 miles on it. I still love the truck though. I just hope the paint lasts.

IMG_20210726_171621.jpg

IMG_20210716_160729__01.jpg