AC Fan does NOT Work in AUTO

When I press the “auto” button, the light comes on but the fan seems to be a zero.  I can control the fan manually, just no fan in auto.  Rest of the system works fine.  

Edited by Ravenkeeper

On 8/1/2021 at 9:48 AM, Ravenkeeper said:

When I press the “auto” button, the light comes on but the fan seems to be a zero.  I can control the fan manually, just no fan in auto.  Rest of the system works fine.  🤬

Yesterday, Sunday (8/1), I got caught at a red light at a RR crossing (stupid trains), shut off my truck, waited a couple minutes, restarted the truck, proceeded to church, and my fan would still not work in "auto."  After church, I started the truck, took the fam to lunch, and the fan would still NOT work in "auto."  After lunch, the fan was still not working in "auto."  🤬

I loaded up all of our recycling to get exchange it for money, and to eat lunch with the wife.  As I was entering Edwards AFB, I remembered that the fan was running manually about 50% speed, so I pressed the "auto" button...IT WORKED!!!  After dropping off the recycling....IT WORKED!!!  When I started it up after lunch to go to work...IT WORKED!!!  When I went to get some dinner a little bit ago...IT WORKED!!!  🤯

Don't know what upsets me more, it not working on Sunday or it working today.  😡

It'll be my luck, it won't work on my way home tonight.  🤦‍♂️

Summer Recycling Run.jpg

Edited by Ravenkeeper
Added a picture
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Don't know what upsets me more, it not working on Sunday or it working today. 

Chris, don't you know you're supposed to take Sunday off and not work?
Maybe there is a fan speed church somewhere and your fan speed control decided to attend that Sunday service. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Yesterday, Sunday (8/1), I got caught at a red light at a RR crossing (stupid trains), shut off my truck, waited a couple minutes, restarted the truck, proceeded to church, and my fan would still not work in "auto."  After church, I started the truck, took the fam to lunch, and the fan would still NOT work in "auto."  After lunch, the fan was still not working in "auto."  🤬

I loaded up all of our recycling to get exchange it for money, and to eat lunch with the wife.  As I was entering Edwards AFB, I remembered that the fan was running manually about 50% speed, so I pressed the "auto" button...IT WORKED!!!  After dropping off the recycling....IT WORKED!!!  When I started it up after lunch to go to work...IT WORKED!!!  When I went to get some dinner a little bit ago...IT WORKED!!!  🤯

Don't know what upsets me more, it not working on Sunday or it working today.  😡

It'll be my luck, it won't work on my way home tonight.  🤦‍♂️

Summer Recycling Run.jpg

Started reading your post, but was distracted by the TV box, 86", VERY NICE!!!

That is bigger than one of my first cars (Fiat 128). Where did you find a flat wall with enough space?

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 12:48 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

When I press the “auto” button, the light comes on but the fan seems to be a zero.  I can control the fan manually, just no fan in auto.  Rest of the system works fine.  

What is your temperature set at when in AUTO?

Also, in your vehicle settings in the radio, under climate, what is your AUTO fan set to?  Should be LOW, MED or HIGH.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Started reading your post, but was distracted by the TV box, 86", VERY NICE!!!

That is bigger than one of my first cars (Fiat 128). Where did you find a flat wall with enough space?

Our "great room," there's a wall big enough for a movie theater screen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, newdude said:

What is your temperature set at when in AUTO?

Also, in your vehicle settings in the radio, under climate, what is your AUTO fan set to?  Should be LOW, MED or HIGH.  

Yes, temp is always set to 73, but I even turned it all the way down to "LO," with same result.  It's been working like it should since yesterday.  I'm thinking @MikeBMW might be on to something tho.  🤣 

I haven't looked at my vehicle settings since I brought it home, when I bought it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Very nice, especially with football less than a month away.

Love watching the NASCAR night races on big HD TV's, tons of pretty colors😬

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Heck, sorry to be off-topic, but I have a 75" screen on my desk home office...

IMG_0446.jpg

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

Nah,  just like a big screen for 4K and quality. My other screens are a 23" monitor and a 17" laptop/
You should see my official office set-up! 4 screens. one for file explorer, another for AutoCad, another for email and one for internet.
Also, I'm an idiot. But only relatively so ... :D

Edited by MikeBMW

5 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

Heck, sorry to be off-topic, but I have a 75" screen on my desk home office...

IMG_0446.jpg

I have a 27" iMac with a Acer 27" extended monitor.  My son, sit down, has two 27" Acer monitors and our old 42" 3D TV all hooked up.

HEY!!  I like what's on your upper left monitor. Just now saw it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/4/2021 at 5:59 AM, diyer2 said:

Do you eat at home?

Yes, sometimes, we even go out, get dinner somewhere, come home and eat it.  For the most part, wife and/or daughter cook.  On Saturdays, my son and I cook breakfast.

On 8/4/2021 at 8:10 PM, CrawlSlow said:

Faulty controller module?

Got one free when I did the Carplay/AA conversion and it could never go to max. Put my original back and it works.

Not sure, it hasn't acted up since then. 

I'm going to illuminate that gremlin, when/if it rears its ugly face again.

• Like 1