Tow Mirror Upgrade

Hey y'all, I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 LT. I'm in the process of putting tow mirrors on. My old mirrors are just the typical ones GM installs. They have the power adjustment, but not lights. My new tow mirrors have lights in them, should the lights work once I connect everything? Or since the old ones weren't wired for lights, will the lights not work? 

Thanks everyone 

If memory serves, other posts here as well as a GM rep, you have to purchase new door wiring harness also to get the new mirrors to be completely functional. If yours is the same cost as mine (2016) then they run $225 for the pair from GM.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 10:44 AM, Cole74 said:

Hey y'all, I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 LT. I'm in the process of putting tow mirrors on. My old mirrors are just the typical ones GM installs. They have the power adjustment, but not lights. My new tow mirrors have lights in them, should the lights work once I connect everything? Or since the old ones weren't wired for lights, will the lights not work? 

Thanks everyone 

The lights will not work without either modifying your door harnesses or swapping them out. 

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2019-dl8-tow-mirror-upgrade-diy-kit/

This DIY Kit is used to modify your factory harnesses. 

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2019-dl8-tow-mirror-upgrade-pnp-harness/

This complete PnP harness set will make the swap Plug and Play.

• Like 2