Worried I might have killed tranny or TC

My fuel pump went out on my truck (03 1500 4x4) Saturday (8/14/21). I tried all local tow companies and nobody could come pickup my truck. As a last resort so I didn't have to park my truck in the ditch for two days I called my grandfather and he offered to tow it back with a tow chain. He insisted this would not damage the truck. 

After he towed it back with his friend operating my truck I noticed the transmission was in neutral but the transfer case was still in 2HI and he had not put the transfer case in neutral. 

We travelled about 12 miles at 30mph and I asked my grandfather of it would still be okay and he insisted leaving the TC in 2HI wouldn't damage it on such a short trip at those speeds. 

Waiting on fuel pump still. But am I going to get my truck running to find a detonated tranny or TC. Or worse both. 

Anyone experience something similar first hand and their truck survive?

• Sad 1

Hopefully you didn't but you will not know until you get the truck running again.  The main issue is heat build up in the transmission since the fluid can't flow like it does when the engine is running.  At least that is my understanding.

26 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

Hopefully you didn't but you will not know until you get the truck running again.  The main issue is heat build up in the transmission since the fluid can't flow like it does when the engine is running.  At least that is my understanding.

Yeah.. that's the crappy thing is my fuel pump won't be here till Wednesday so I get to sit with the anxiety of my tranny being gone until then. 

• 3 weeks later...