2022 Denali ordered.....now the wait begins

Figured it was time to upgrade my '15 Denali 2500HD.  Not looking forward to the wait but I ordered a Denali 3500HD (6.6 gas SRW) with I'd say most options (damn chip shortage will hold this up I'm sure)

For you guys that already have bought '21 or '22 is there anything you wish you had added or something that you wish you didn't spend the money on?  I didn't add the Kicker stereo (still time to add) I'm just not sure if I'd use it much.  Only time I'd really want to use it would be when loading/unloading a trailer but you clearly cant open the gate all the way when I trailer is attached.

I have a 21' 2500 Chevy High Country now but my previous truck was a 20' 1500 AT4 with the kicker in the tailgate. The sound was awful on that thing and it would only be good for listening to podcasts. It would not sound good for music. Save your money and use a good Bluetooth speaker.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sweatandsteel said:

I have a 21' 2500 Chevy High Country now but my previous truck was a 20' 1500 AT4 with the kicker in the tailgate. The sound was awful on that thing and it would only be good for listening to podcasts. It would not sound good for music. Save your money and use a good Bluetooth speaker.

This is what I was thinking, that's for the reply.

Edited by ~Wicked~

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice! :thumbs:

Getting what you want provides the good possibility it will stick around longer than if you'd compromised.  Besides the Denali is an awesome truck. From the front end to the interior, it is pure class.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

So you were able to transfer the order over to a Denali?

I ordered a Denali (6.6 gas) in August but an AT4 that someone ordered became available.  I put deposit on the AT4 thinking I might buy it (and gave me time to research some and decide if I really needed/wanted the Duramax).  Well after driving the AT4 with Duramax both the wife and I loved it but just didn't love the AT4 look vs the Denali.  I was able to also drive an SLT HD with the 6.6 gas today and I'm def. getting a Duramax although that 6.6 gas was pretty nice (much improved over the 6.0) So the dealer was fine with me ordering another Denali 3500 with the Duramax.......they will just sell the one I ordered back in August with the 6.6 gas and order me the same truck but with the L5P.  Sucks that I have to start the wait all over again but it will be worth it. 

53 minutes ago, sheath said:

Nice! :thumbs:

Getting what you want provides the good possibility it will stick around longer than if you'd compromised.  Besides the Denali is an awesome truck. From the front end to the interior, it is pure class.

Well said.  I tend to keep my vehicles for a while and I would have been happy with that AT4 but I personally like the Denali look more so it's worth waiting for what I want. 

• 3 weeks later...