Best Intake for 6.2L L86

Just took delivery of my 21 6.2l at4. Getting flowmaster super 10 put on Wednesday, looking for an intake to match that will have the best performance gain. Would love any suggestions, new to you truck word…kinda CDL A, but never had a personal. 

E8212212-EDA2-4449-A51F-93840F5E4BCB.jpeg

33947CDB-8BF1-4820-BEAF-B84CD40CAFFA.jpeg

There is nothing that will blow your skirt up, no intake system really does that much to be honest. It's all about audible intake sound for the most part. You won't feel the 2% increase in power.

GM sells an intake system with a reflash of the computer. AFE makes an intake and I'm sure there are others.

Read up on the DFM system on those trucks if you're truck isn't one that was plagued by the semiconductor chip shortage. You may not like the helicopter exhaust note you will likely get with that super aggressive chambered muffler you want to install.

1 hour ago, CamGTP said:

There is nothing that will blow your skirt up, no intake system really does that much to be honest. It's all about audible intake sound for the most part. You won't feel the 2% increase in power.

GM sells an intake system with a reflash of the computer. AFE makes an intake and I'm sure there are others.

Read up on the DFM system on those trucks if you're truck isn't one that was plagued by the semiconductor chip shortage. You may not like the helicopter exhaust note you will likely get with that super aggressive chambered muffler you want to install.

Iirc, for MY2021 if a truck wasn't ordered with the GMPP CAI then it isn't available. 

8 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, I’ve read a bit on the DFM system. Seems like right now the only option is the Pulsar LT for the 2021s. Might wait it out for a bit and see if they come out with just a plain disabler. Just hate to pay an extra $200- 300 for the other features I don’t really want/need.  

16 hours ago, AT4YA said:

Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, I’ve read a bit on the DFM system. Seems like right now the only option is the Pulsar LT for the 2021s. Might wait it out for a bit and see if they come out with just a plain disabler. Just hate to pay an extra $200- 300 for the other features I don’t really want/need.  

Believe me, you’ll really like a couple of those other features . Pulsar has been my absolute favorite mod for this truck 

• Like 1

I have had both the gmpp and just installed the s&b. Th s&b kit flows 50% more than the gmpp CAI it is also MUCH better made imho. The air filter itself is twice as big as the gm CAI. Install was very easy too, legitimately the nicest instructions I've ever seen. Oh and the s&b makes better woosh noises so my butt dyno says it's faster.

1 hour ago, AT4Play said:

I have had both the gmpp and just installed the s&b. Th s&b kit flows 50% more than the gmpp CAI it is also MUCH better made imho. The air filter itself is twice as big as the gm CAI. Install was very easy too, legitimately the nicest instructions I've ever seen. Oh and the s&b makes better woosh noises so my butt dyno says it's faster.

50% more filter size doesn't mean it flows 50% more air...

Tyler

• Like 2

On 8/31/2021 at 11:44 AM, Amcguy1970 said:

50% more filter size doesn't mean it flows 50% more air...

Possibly, but S&B claim 51.69% flow improvement over stock.

All I can say is the sound difference alone was worth the purchase for me.

The way I read their test data is that it flows about 50% more cfm at a specific pressure drop across the filter/housing than the stock setup while achieving slightly better filtration using a certain test media/dust.

That should equate to better/more airflow but not 50% because there are other restrictions in the systems.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RCF71 said:

The way I read their test data is that it flows about 50% more cfm at a specific pressure drop across the filter/housing than the stock setup while achieving slightly better filtration using a certain test media/dust.

That should equate to better/more airflow but not 50% because there are other restrictions in the systems.

I really like the fact that it filters better, I spend a lot of time off road.

My truck is definitely not pulling that much air without a procharger, long tube headers, and a whole lot of gas. lol