Gator EFX Hard Tonneau Cover

Is anyone using the Gator EFX Cover. The price looks to reasonable for a hard cover. Curious why it's almost $300 cheaper than some of the other one that are comparable.

https://realtruck.com/p/gator-efx-hard-fold-tonneau-cover/v/chevy/silverado-1500/2021/

Edited by SSCHUU

• SSCHUU changed the title to Gator EFX Hard Tonneau Cover

It's certainly a good cover. When comparing to the Bakflip MX4 which is a more expensive cover that one will fold up against the rear window so you can use the whole bed vs the Gator which is will only uncover 2/3 of the bed w/o removing it. There are other subtle differences between lower and higher priced covers like trim pieces and finishing kit. 

I like the Gator cover since I installed it.  If the whole bed is needed, it easily is removable and goes back on just a easy.  It looks great, as long as it is aligned right, but that goes for all covers.  The only water getting in my bed is right at the tailgate, as I have not yet installed a seal there.  Only happens when running through touchless car washes or spraying directly with a hose.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fastk9dad said:

It's certainly a good cover. When comparing to the Bakflip MX4 which is a more expensive cover that one will fold up against the rear window so you can use the whole bed vs the Gator which is will only uncover 2/3 of the bed w/o removing it. There are other subtle differences between lower and higher priced covers like trim pieces and finishing kit. 

I really like the flexibility of being able to utilize the whole bed when I need it. But then again, the Gator EFX looks like it's easily removable. Decisions

I've had the gator trifold for about 8 months now and its great. The big difference for me was the price compared to the backflip one. Living in seattle its rains a lot but the cover has been good, no leaking. I have had to remove it like 4 times total for various reasons and its been very easy to remove it and put it aside.

wvJQyFl.jpg

4 hours ago, PureZ71 said:

I've had the gator trifold for about 8 months now and its great. The big difference for me was the price compared to the backflip one. Living in seattle its rains a lot but the cover has been good, no leaking. I have had to remove it like 4 times total for various reasons and its been very easy to remove it and put it aside.

wvJQyFl.jpg

That's a sick truck!!! Appreciate the feedback on the Gator. I'm definitely leaning towards it knowing it's considerably less than the MX4

On 9/7/2021 at 1:06 PM, PureZ71 said:

wvJQyFl.jpg

Would you walk/lay on this cover?  I am looking for a hard cover that can potentially hold a couple deer..say 300# of distrubuted weight.  

31 minutes ago, Gorby2149 said:

Would you walk/lay on this cover?  I am looking for a hard cover that can potentially hold a couple deer..say 300# of distrubuted weight.  

Technically I should be able to but haven't had to yet. Per the website it says "Holds up to 300 pounds of evenly distributed weight "

https://gatorcovers.com/p/gator-efx-hard-fold-tonneau-cover/v/chevy/silverado-1500/2021/

• Like 1

I have the Gator quad fold installed on my truck. I’ll try to get some pictures of it tomorrow. I’m in the east side of Washington state so it doesn’t rain as much as in Seattle. The only leaking I have is around the tailgate when I take it through the car wash. Today it has been raining however and I am moving into a new house. All the boxes where still nice and dry and there wasn’t any noticeable leaking anywhere. According to the specs it should hold up to 300lbs evenly distributed. I’ve had the cover installed since March of this year. 

• 10 months later...

Just picked up a Gator ETX roll up cover for $150 during the last Amazon prime day sale. I'm pretty impressed so far. Easy install and looks good.  Sits just right and my remote tailgate function still works fine.  I'm not sure yet how it will hold up to rain, but it's not a big deal for me if a little water drips in. 

20220724_180422.jpg

20220724_180335.jpg