Losing oil pressure

I have a 2017 Silverado with a 5.3L (L83) engine in it. I have just over 90,000 miles on the engine and I noticed yesterday the idling oil pressure dropped to 20 PSI. For the life of the motor it’s always been around 40 PSI (unless I really start revving the engine then it will go up to 60). When I start to drive it goes up to about 37-38 PSI but as soon as I bring it to idle, back to 20 PSI. I’m looking for any suggestions as to what this might be. My fear is I lost the oil pump but I’m hoping for an easy fix. Thanks for the help

My 2017 5.3 @ 41k miles will read 20 psi. hot idle especially after interstate driving. Normal city driving hot idle reads maybe just a little higher. Normal driving oil psi. runs much like yours slightly under 40 psi. Been that way for I as long as I can remember.

On 10/9/2021 at 7:52 PM, CamGTP said:

This is not a problem.

Hot oil pressure is perfectly within the GM spec at 20psi. I would say that this is just the first time you really noticed this.

^^^^^^^

Yes, normal.

• Like 1