Idle bogs on deceleration to stop

Hello All,

Problem: The idle feels like it bogs down when rolling to a stop, and applying the brakes firmly. (that last 10 feet of braking) I believe it may be when cold only.

Background: I bought a used 2018 Silverado 1500 double cab LS 4x4 with 100,000 miles. I drove it without issue for a few months, and then started doing the 100k miles services myself. So far I have changed the oil, the differential fluids, the trans fluid, and transfer case fluid. I have not yet changed the spark plugs.

I saw online that it might be the Idle Air Controller? If that is the case should I purchase a scanner to see if there are air/fuel mixture codes? It is also possible that this is not a flaw and just a random hiccup.

@steelerdude15 I also forgot, it could be an excessively dirty intake butterfly? My truck was used on lease roads in Texas. The dust was so thick in the interior I had to use rubbing alcohol to get it off the plastic.

I will take that apart today to see.

Edited by Lftwfls

6 hours ago, Lftwfls said:

@steelerdude15 I also forgot, it could be an excessively dirty intake butterfly? My truck was used on lease roads in Texas. The dust was so thick in the interior I had to use rubbing alcohol to get it off the plastic.

I will take that apart today to see.

I’m not sure, but it could be.

6 hours ago, Salsa De Piña said:

You're on the right track.  Pull the throttle body and give it a good cleaning.

I had a Canyon that did this every few years, and it got worse in the winter time.

I clean my throttle body every 12,000 miles when I change my air filter. I have less than 1,000 miles to go before it has to get cleaned again. I’ll clean it and report back if it took care of the issue.

• 4 weeks later...