Big Height Difference Front and Rear AT4

17 hours ago, Nick__ said:

Just trying to get a less drastic rake, not even level. (Mine is nearly 3" higher in the rear) I don't think there will be any sag.

I agree that it’s more about the rake. I prefer a close to neutral rake rather than a big rake or a rear squat. I understand why they come that way from the factory, but my use case doesn’t require it. I kept all of the original hardware and would swap the 2” blocks back in if I ever end up towing anything meaningful.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd update everyone on what I wound up doing. I initially was going to replace the 2" rear blocks with 1" blocks that I bought but the center hole in those blocks were too small for the dimple in the leaf spring to fit into. Instead of going to the trouble of modifying those blocks to fit, I just removed the blocks altogether and dropped the rear the full 2". I'm actually glad I did. I think it looks good. I'm now about 1/2" higher in the rear, which gives it a level appearance with no sag anywhere in sight.

20220112_150133.jpg

20220112_150126.jpg

20220112_153528.jpg

Edited by Nick__
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick__ said:

Just thought I'd update everyone on what I wound up doing. I initially was going to replace the 2" rear blocks with 1" blocks that I bought but the center hole in those blocks were too small for the dimple in the leaf spring to fit into. Instead of going to the trouble of modifying those blocks to fit, I just removed the blocks altogether and dropped the rear the full 2". I'm actually glad I did. I think it looks good. I'm now about 1/2" higher in the rear, which gives it a level appearance with no sag anywhere in sight.

20220112_150133.jpg

20220112_150126.jpg

20220112_153528.jpg

Looks good. Have you driven it at higher speeds yet to see if there’s any vibrations? Some say they they need shims after block removal and some don’t need them at all.  I know the non at4s have the shims.

1 hour ago, AD80 said:

Looks good. Have you driven it at higher speeds yet to see if there’s any vibrations? Some say they they need shims after block removal and some don’t need them at all.  I know the non at4s have the shims.

Thanks. Yes, my drive to work consists of about 25 miles of interstate, and it drives very smooth at highway speed. I've had it up to 95. Rides great with no vibrations. And the truck feels more planted in the turns now that it's a little lower to the ground.

20 minutes ago, Nick__ said:

Thanks. Yes, my drive to work consists of about 25 miles of interstate, and it drives very smooth at highway speed. I've had it up to 95. Rides great with no vibrations. And the truck feels more planted in the turns now that it's a little lower to the ground.

Sounds good. I have a 19 leveled slt, but I plan on getting the new 22 at4 when it comes out, and I think I’m gonna go this route with the block rather than raising the front. Since the at4 has a factory level up front, by lowering the rear,  It will still sit the same and  just high as my truck does now. 

Edited by AD80
  • Like 1