Arlington Factory Hail Storm

I have read a few places there was a hail storm that damaged vehicles waiting to be shipped from the Arlington factory. I have a 2022 Yukon on order that was produced on November 4th and is just sitting waiting to be shipped.

Long story short, I called the dealer and got the run around as to whether my particular vehicle had damage or whether or not the hail rumors are even true. I then called and chatted with GMC customer support which was fruitless.

Outside of the dealer route, anyway to determine if my (hopefully) new vehicle for affected? My thought is it is either waiting on chips or has hail damage, I just wish the dealer or GMC would have better communication!

Thanks in advance for the advice

You can look up weather history data easily. Perhaps someone that lives in Arlington or surrounding can help you with your idea there was a hail storm on 11/04 or after.  A quick search by me shows rain on 11/02 and 11/03. You should be able to determine if hail was involved in the Arlington area, by digging deeper on your own

Edited by txab

4 hours ago, Bvs999 said:

I have read a few places there was a hail storm that damaged vehicles waiting to be shipped from the Arlington factory. I have a 2022 Yukon on order that was produced on November 4th and is just sitting waiting to be shipped.

Long story short, I called the dealer and got the run around as to whether my particular vehicle had damage or whether or not the hail rumors are even true. I then called and chatted with GMC customer support which was fruitless.

Outside of the dealer route, anyway to determine if my (hopefully) new vehicle for affected? My thought is it is either waiting on chips or has hail damage, I just wish the dealer or GMC would have better communication!

Thanks in advance for the advice

Are you copying/pasting your post from tahoeyukonforum by chance?

13 hours ago, txab said:

You can look up weather history data easily. Perhaps someone that lives in Arlington or surrounding can help you with your idea there was a hail storm on 11/04 or after.  A quick search by me shows rain on 11/02 and 11/03. I'm not digging any deeper for you. You can do that for yourself. Surely you're capable

Thanks for the patronizing response.  I looked up the hail history before posting.  There was indeed a small hail storm on the 10th.  

The original question is whether or not the vehicle I ordered had / has any damage and how to find out with the dealer not being helpful. 

There is no way to find out about a particular vehicle as there are probably 1,000's on any given day waiting to ship.  All you can do is wait for it to show up and look it over closely.  I doubt if it is severely damaged it will ever ship. 

Edited by elcamino
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, elcamino said:

There is no way to find out about a particular vehicle as there are probably 1,000's on any given day waiting to ship.  All you can do is wait for it to show up and look it over closely.  I doubt if it is severely damaged it will ever ship. 

Thanks, and good advice!

9 minutes ago, elcamino said:

Thanks, and good advice!

Thanks for the patronizing response.  I looked up the hail history before posting.  There was indeed a small hail storm on the 10th.  

The original question is whether or not the vehicle I ordered had / has any damage and how to find out with the dealer not being helpful. 

Apologies. Long day. I focused on the wrong thing. But, I still find no meteorological evidence a hail storm damaged vehicles at the plant. The storms I think you may be talking about were further north, north east by an hour maybe. i have a house north west of the plant by several miles, it didn't record but  a trace of rain and no hail. Called a friend, retired from the plant, he hasn't heard anything about your issue, but will check into it when he can.

elcamino hit the nail on the head

• Like 1