2014 Chevrolet Silverado Transmission Noise

Recently purchased a 2014 Silverado LT 4x4 and started experiencing transmission problems a few months later.   Hoping someone has some advice or experience with these issues.

The transmission makes a 'ticking' noise from the moment you start the truck to the time I turn it off. It makes the noise in P,D,R,N, it doesn't matter.  When it first starts up, it whines but that usually goes away after a few minutes of letting it warm up. However, it does have it's days where the whine is pretty consistent while driving. Other issues is it feels like it shifts too early and makes the truck feel sluggish. Unless I stomp on the gas, it wants to shift so that I'm driving at approximately 1500 RPMs.  And last, I have the dreaded 'Silverado Shake' when I get up to highway speeds.

Is the entire transmission trash? Is there something that can be done besides replacing the whole thing?  My mechanic cousin told me I should call the Chevrolet dealership, give them my VIN and ask if there is an 'update' to the computer that controls the transmission shifting.  Does anyone have experience with that? 

• 3 weeks later...

Transmission fluid seems to be fine and driving for long periods of time the transmission gets to about 192-194 and stays.  When I get up under the truck it definitely seems like the noise is coming from the front of the transmission where it connects to the engine block. Sound like the flex plate or torque converter? 

Is the ticking noise a slow rhythmic noise? If so, that is a solenoid that is doing it’s job and that’s the noise it makes. Mine does it and I’ve also heard it on a 2017 with almost 100,000 miles. Both transmissions are the 6L80 and neither transmission have had any repairs done to them. It’s nothing to worry about.