2020 Silverado 1500 LT Temperature Control upgrade

I just purchased a 2020 Silverado 1500 LT that was part of the Hertz rental fleet.  Love the truck but would like to upgrade a few items.  One item in particular is to upfit the manual temperature control on the center console to the electronic control unit from an LTZ.  Is it doable as a plug and play or not?  

Thanks in advance,

Bob

With enough time and money anything is possible.  The real question is, Are your pockets deep enough?

I'm not an expert, but iirc, there are going to be a few hiccups.  Controls being different might mean your radio screen is different.  Not having auto climate control from the factory means you don't have the sensors throughout the cab for auto climate control.  While the radio screen issue might be possible to resolve aftermarket, I don't think the lack of temp sensors can be.  I foresee an electrical nightmare.  I'm no expert.  Hopefully somebody else comes in that has more knowledge than I.

Edited by Transient

5 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

I just purchased a 2020 Silverado 1500 LT that was part of the Hertz rental fleet.  Love the truck but would like to upgrade a few items.  One item in particular is to upfit the manual temperature control on the center console to the electronic control unit from an LTZ.  Is it doable as a plug and play or not?  

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Would it be possible to attach a picture? Never seen manual controls.

I agree with Transient, unless you have access to a parts truck that has the system you desire and the time and knowledge to install every thing . its not going to be a plug and play I don't believe but maybe some 1 else has more knowledge than us

Not going to work. The whole HVAC unit is different for the dual zone and electronic controls. The BCM's are vehicle specific and can't be reused on another vehicle. The only reasonable option is to trade it for one with the equipment you really want. Otherwise you're going to create a hack job nightmare that no one will want to buy if you ever decide to sell it and the options don't match how it was built.